Yacht Missing down Bluff way

wheels

Three people living in a Raven 26 ? That's going to be cosy.

goes back to your first comment Wheels :lol: "one Guy with two Females on board, maybe he doesn't want to be found.

"

so they haven't been seen or heard from for 10 days? that's a long time in a little boat down there. Sounds like they didn't do any TR's, at least that might have narrowed down the time & location....

Here's hoping they are anchored in a quite bay somewhere.

Sounds like they didn't do any TR's, at least that might have narrowed down the time & location....

Sounds that way. For down there, that really is being rather silly not doing a TR. And yes I know some say they want to be totally self reliant, but the result is that far more resources are now being wasted trying to find them because there is no detailed info to go on. Plus the time, 10 days being missing till someone starts looking for you means there is far less chance of being found alive and one heck of an unnecessary ordeal to have to go through if they are still alive.

It's an area that no one should be Boating in unless well prepared.

Heard on the radio that he hadn't been heard from since he called Bluff Radio when he was heading into Port Pegasus ?

So wether that was 11 days ago or wether he left home then is anyone's guess.

Very hard to know what to believe in media reports

Hopefully they are sheltering somewhere

Apparently he left in bad Weather and the Weather was predicted to get worse. He also has a reputation of "doing his own thing" and not taking head of other peoples advice. He was asked to report in when he arrived into the Sound, but because he was not one that likes to communicate, no one really took any notice of the fact that he didn't report in.

The two Woman are believed to be Tourists.

Comfortable with the facts after listening to the un-edited interview with the Feauveau radio lady who has been doing it for 30 odd years. The other reporting I take with a grain of salt.

Small correction for you consider below bbay....

What about waiting for the facts to emerge before slagging these people>.

bbay - Clearly you don't understand singular - in this case one person - the skipper.

Plural means more than one - as you say 'them' in this case you would be referring to all 3.

I dont believe two tourist had the local knowledge or seamanship to say lets go or not. There is only one person being slagged - the skipper.

Anyway got to go, too busy to spend the day explaining the basics of the english language to someone that thinks hanging a drogue from the masthead or hounds might be a good idea.

Well I don't agree with criticizing the skipper before the facts are known BNG. It reeks of jumping on the media bandwagon which is usually pushed in these situations.

Having worked in media for the last 18 years I'm probably more of a media skeptic than anybody on here.

If you read and understood the post above you would note that I discarded the media reports and my comments are based on the un-edited interview with the radio operator down there.

Thats her doing the talking not a journos interpretation.

Archived