234 snapper. This makes me angry

wheels

3 Thieving Scumbags (...)

The sort of individual always make me see red and think we should actually reintroduce the death penalty.

Simply because some people, by active choice, are going to cost society far more than they'll ever contribute.

XXXX .............??
The answer is No, the gentleman is from a pacific island a little north of NZ that starts with a T. He's the relax looking gent photoed below.

Fisheries were tipped off this team were being a little generous in their catching so were ready for them. They came ashore and were asked 'how many?', they said 13. 'You sure?' Yeap. Fisheries opened the front screwed down floorboards and found a pile. "You absolutely sure there are no more?' Yeap. Fisheries opened the back floorboards and hello. Photos of the actual boat and gent below. They were stashed below the floorboards that were screwed down, this is no mistake of any form.

110 of the snapper were undersized.

He lost the boat, gear and car but then they bonded the car back to him so he could get home. What will happen next is a work in progress but its suspected a sound thrashing with a wet electric train ticket as he'll plead poverty and that allows many to get away with too much.

The main offenders seen around the Akl gulf do seem to be from the same geographical area as this wayward gentleman but they also nail a LOT pale skins, many. The big difference is the pale skins tend to be caught with one fish out of their limit that's 1 cm under size where the other group do what can be seen in the photo. Down Welly way it mainly NZers who aren't pale skinned that punch above their weight on the offenders list.

Anyone caught is logged, even if it's only one fish 5mm under size, will have that on their record as a criminal offence, which you can go to court and argue if you like. Get caught a second time and it's a automatic trouble for you time by the powers that be. Fisheries have now stopped playing as nice as they were. The inspectors will try hard to get that 29.5cm to measure 30cm but if they can't your pinged.

Have to laugh but in Welly recently a well known poacher dobbed in another poaching dude for poaching in his area. Both poachers are 'helping authorities with their enquiries' :)

Also very recently they nabbed a dude in Akl with a pile of undersized Paua, from the Rangi shoreline interestingly. The dude was spoken to but not to harshly as he had no idea what he had grabbed. He just thing the shells looked cool so grabbed a couple as he snorkelled past.

Most good hauls are made after Fisheries are tipped off. This 234 gentleman had been boasting about the size of his catch, obviously in the wrong places.

post-646-141887265924.jpg

post-646-141887266179.jpg

Got to correct one point Knot Me: "Anyone caught is logged, even if it's only one fish 5mm under size"

Try 2mm. Mate caught a fish on the first weekend of the new size limit. Measured against the official measuring sticker and it's easily over 30cm so he puts it in the bin.

Inspected at the ramp and on the official measure it came up at 29.8 cm. Mate is horrified - shows inspector the fish is over 30 cm when against sticker measure to no avail.

No fine but loud "tut tut" attitude, a big point of taking his details down in front of his family and a crowded ramp and the threat of "we'll review this to see if we're going to take any further action".

He came home feeling stink about the whole thing. I'd suggest the guy in your photo came home racking his brain for his Trademe password so he can buy a new boat....

Inspected at the ramp and on the official measure it came up at 29.8 cm. Mate is horrified - shows inspector the fish is over 30 cm when against sticker measure to no avail.

There was an announcement recently that those stickers were prone to shrinking over time.

The sort of individual always make me see red and think we should actually reintroduce the death penalty.

Simply because some people, by active choice, are going to cost society far more than they'll ever contribute.

XXXX .............??

Good golly, and we haven't even established the facts yet. Sometimes I think I've just walked into a chat room full of red necks and racists.

and we haven't even established the facts yet.

Facts not established? please read my post again.

234 fish caught by three people!

110 of them undersize!

Fish deliberately hidden!

Lies told to Officers!

What facts aren't clear? I don't personally follow any idea of Death Penalty and I didn't say they were of any ethnicity and never even thought about that. But tell me why exactly they are not Scumbags? If they stole directly from you, would you not call them scumbags? or worse. They have stolen from us all, when we are all trying to work hard at making our Fisheries sustainable, protecting our environment and being honest means we only get to come home with a few Fish.

Wasn't directed at you or the original post Wheels, just where it headed extremely quickly.

How many ***** that enjoy fishing do you think are deeply offended by this thread above.

I'm assuming as a late middle aged white man Wetdream must run a finance company that looses the retirement savings of poor hard working grannies.

I can't be bothered with is rubbish, I'm off to spend my time constructively.

xxxx.............??

Good golly, and we haven't even established the facts yet. Sometimes I think I've just walked into a chat room full of red necks and racists.

*I* said nothing about their ethnicity.

But I'm comfortable with my belief that society can only carry so many parasites, and we'd be better off without them.

Maybe execution is a bit far, but I quite like the old notion of making someone an "outlaw", in the technical sense that the protection of the law no longer extends to them. i.e. you screw society; society is perfectly entitled to withdraw its benefits.

I agree Fish, about he nationality comment. It has been edited, and the poster has been warned. PLEASE EVERYONE, JUST USE THE RED EXCLAIMATION MARK, and report the post. DO NOT comment on problems yourself, it just exacerbates the problem. Please, click the report button and let the moderators fix the problem.

Thanks

Matt

I had a word with someone deep who knows things today and asked the question "Do xxxx......???'s feature highly on the caught being naughty fishing list?'. The answer was sort of but many due to knot knowing the rules as most don't read yyyy......???? well but once informed they tend to be pretty good. The zzzz.....????'s tend to feature the most in the Gulf but it's the vvvv.....????'s further south.

One of the critical differences between home and here in Australia is how soft the authorities are with this stuff. If you got caught with this in Aus they would would rip your balls off, you're face ridiculous fines and quite likely do jail time.

Archived