Stunning weekend

wheels

We nailed this one. Simply fantastic weekend out. On our way back in now...sadly. Had a fantastic days fishing yesterday, way out at the Jaggs. Flat calm and the best Cod I have ever seen. Lovely wee sail back to our anchoring spot for the night. Bit foggy when we left that this morning, but the sky has cleared and it's another stunner.

Agree, it's lovely out here on the Gulf too. Not much breeze but still stunning. Just about to go for a swim - water temp 22C - what does it get up to down your way wheels?

A Balmy 17.8 in a sheltered bay, but in the Open ocean it was only 15.6.Too darn cold for me sorry. And yet just on the other side in Nelson, they can get up to 25 in the Bay.

I do think it was colder this year than we have had in the past though. I did hook up two Kingfish, but both were undersize. There just didn't or dosen't seem to be as many around this year. Too cold for them. I did hook up the Biggest Barracouta I have ever caught and man did it put up a fight.

shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup, shuddup,

(boats on the hard at the mo!)

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

SHANE

A Balmy 17.8 in a sheltered bay, but in the Open ocean it was only 15.6.Too darn cold for me sorry. And yet just on the other side in Nelson, they can get up to 25 in the Bay.

I do think it was colder this year than we have had in the past though. I did hook up two Kingfish, but both were undersize. There just didn't or dosen't seem to be as many around this year. Too cold for them. I did hook up the Biggest Barracouta I have ever caught and man did it put up a fight.

Same in Kenepuru Sound over Jan. Water much colder than normal and fishing terrible for most of Jan. Saw the first kahawai schools only at the end of the month and even then they were small fish. BUT my lovely husband did manage to catch a 14.5lb snapper so can't complain really :D

(boats on the hard at the mo!)

Awwe shoot!! I forgot Shane. Is it too late or should I sort out what we talked about tomorrow for you. Sorry, was rather a stressful weak last weak.

Archived