Crew wanted: Tahiti - Tonga - NZ on a 72' carbon sloop

Moksha

*** CREW FOUND - THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ENQUIRIES ***

Hi there...

This yacht is a well equipped Shipman 72 performance cruising yacht which has sailed over 30,000nm throughout the Mediterranean, up to Scotland, across the Atlantic to Brazil, through the Panama Canal, Galapagos Islands, Easter Island and finally into French Polynesia.

We are currently looking for additional crew to help with the sailing the boat from French Polynesia to New Zealand in October. We are happy to consider single people (male or female) or couples. Singles must have extensive sailing experience ideally with offshore passage making. If you are a couple one of you must meet this requirement. The crew positions are unpaid but most on-board expenses are covered by the boat.

The yacht is a high performance yacht and the owners love to sail her well. We have high safety standards and expect crew to fully participate in every aspect of the boat - whether that is sailing, maintenance, cooking or cleaning. And of course there is plenty of time to relax and enjoy.

We prefer crew who are genuinely interested to learn more about sailing, weather, navigation and the local environment and cultures. If you are simply looking for a party boat cruising the Pacific please do not apply.

If you fit this profile send me a message and lets chat..

Cheers

Scott

DSC00564small.jpg

Thanks for the enquiry. At this stage target is to depart Tahiti 10 Oct for Tonga 1400nm circa 7-8 days, stop to re-provision and wait for weather window south hpoefully max a week, then Tonga to NZ 1200nm circa 6-7 days. So all in total aiming for about 3 weeks total. That's if all goes according to plan...

Hi there,

I am intersested in having a talk to you about this trip. I have done a few ocean passages as delivery crew, most recently Noumea to NZ and also NZ - Tahiti - Seattle.

I'm 25 yr old kiwi and really enjoy passages like this. I am now building up sea time for the offshore master ticket.

This could fit in well with another trip I have planned from here to South America later in the year.

Would be good to have a chat, either phone 022 152 3294 or email.

Thanks,

Olly

Archived