8th Aug. It's the AC entry fee phase one pay up day

So won't it be interesting to see who's fronted and who hasn't.

I think deals will have been done to ensure they have some entries but will they all be quality entries or ......................

:eh: San Diego, slightly smaller foiling cats, a game that we cant afford this time, whilst winning the Volvo opportunity is let go. Its all about jobs for the boys till they retire, as some of them have lavish bills to pay.

Call me a grumpy old cynic if you like - I was one of their keenest supporters last year but its a new game now.

That may be right, but at least they are doing it without the public funding they had last time, so there will be less of the protests about wasted funds (Which, IMO, they certainly were not). As has been said, whatever develops will be interesting....

Great news that one of the worlds leading sailing teams/brands is continuing with new energy from Olympic sailors. It's great for the squadie too - hopefully they can all work on getting Auckland as one of the lead-up 45 regatta's, wouldn't that be sweet for viewing & for our marine industry & more

If you believe the AC website there are 5 teams entered, not that it says that out loud. Mind you it also say the HIYC is still a player so........

but at least they are doing it without the public funding they had last time
I'd be surprise if they don't try some Govt funding once they get all official. They'd be stupid not to as it's would be an easy lots of millions.

There should be no issues unless you're a mathematical dumbarse....... so it will be a big issue for many :lol: :lol:

The Govt is looking at it just like any good business would, exactly as a smart Govt should do with taxpayer coin. At the moment it's hand over money for .... errr just what exactly for a race to be held in eerrrr....dunno, in errr.... dunno country, using errrr... dunno boats, in a format that's eerrrr.... dunno.

There is nothing to sponsor bar some rather vague promises from the same people who who have made then broken them in the past.

There is nothing to sponsor bar some rather vague promises from the same people who who have made then broken them in the past.

wow this statement could could also be used as an election slogan :clap: good point

Archived