2015 Fully Crewed Central Triangle

If you need convincing to enter, then this race may not be for you. :?:

You have two options, either to accept that these are the rules and the requirements, and enter, or leave it to the people that are happy to race. :evil:

OC, I don't know what's happened in your life but your cup is definatly half empty

OC's cup isn't half full... he just wants to go sailing!

!. Another prejudice race club - organisation excluding multihulls.

No prejudice at all (I've not sailed on anything less than a tri in ages).We'll amend the NOR to let multis enter... the more the merrier.

Updated NOR should be out in the few days.

2."40% or more of the crew must have a current certificate from an approved YNZ Survival at Sea course;" $ 400

There are courses just as good if not better for cheaper fees. Restricts I guess overseas crew that you wish to have as crew with higher survival course certificates.

Good idea. All we want to know is that the crew can handle themselves offshore in an emergency. If a crew member can show that they have an roughly equivalent or better qualification, then we will make an exception. This will require a change to the NOR. Again, the updated NOR should be out in a few days.

OC, I don't know what's happened in your life but your cup is definatly half empty

OC's cup isn't half full... he just wants to go sailing!

No prejudice at all (I've not sailed on anything less than a tri in ages).We'll amend the NOR to let multis enter... the more the merrier.

Updated NOR should be out in the few days.

2."40% or more of the crew must have a current certificate from an approved YNZ Survival at Sea course;" $ 400

There are courses just as good if not better for cheaper fees. Restricts I guess overseas crew that you wish to have as crew with higher survival course certificates.

Good idea. All we want to know is that the crew can handle themselves offshore in an emergency. If a crew member can show that they have an roughly equivalent or better qualification, then we will make an exception. This will require a change to the NOR. Again, the updated NOR should be out in a few days.

Thank you friendly Peggs.

Your an inspiration to this forum.

No offence again, but with regards to the crew requirements 40% and 2 crew. I would suggest one should be the skipper and mandatory - thus skipper and one crew requirement wording , because he is the decision maker, and the ok authorizer and would allow the relative small qualified numbers at present, until the vacuum is expanded, with the qualified at present to be available for other entrants skipper / captain vessels. Thus ensuring more vessels would be on target to enter. would be possible, four boats could exhaust the available present source.

Thank you again for your politeness .

OC

Um, OC, your point is?

It should be compulsory for the captain / Skipper and ditto for C.

3.1.8 Yachts may carry and use a second mainsail, provided the measurements for the largest

mainsail is declared on all handicapping and rating certificates. Both mainsails must be carried on the yacht at all times on all legs.

This changes IRC Rule 21.1.5(e).

The money yacht owners able to afford a light weather main have a major advantage.where other yachts with restricted budgets get the same handicap.

(4. Entry fees will not be refunded unless the entry is rejected by the Organising Authority.

(6.4 Any yacht that does not pass an inspection by 1700hrs on Thursday 5 March 2015 will be deemed to have withdrawn from the race.

(12.5 A leg will not be scored for a particular scoring system unless two or more yachts that qualify for that scoring system start that leg.

Would not pay to be first and pay your fees for your class or handicap system and decide it is

Not worth competing being the only yacht to race. Can't claim the prize or record, plus entry fee..

OC - Perhaps you shouldn't enter the race then? Personally, I think it will be fun.....

Prefer to respond to peggs new notice on the race.

I will decide for myself.

Why all you guys are so concerned when the club wants entries and you guys are trying to persuade interested parties not to enter is bewildering to say the least?

Not sure why they are pushing for every entrant to pay high insurance premiums though when it is highly unlikely that amount on damage could be done with boats from that area. Perhaps the presidents boat is worth that amount who knows ?

Its not like a harbour race. Most I would suspect would call for a conservative sure start with no penalties. Yes.

think the insurance was only third party and it's pretty low for that.

Expect the reason is to cover against the possibility that a third party take action against the organising yacht club if an incident occurred and the boat involved couldn't cover the claim.

Also expect that if there are any marinas involved in hosting at any of the ports, they'd require at least this level of cover anyway.

For someone who says they are interested it appears that your only interest is in complaining. Can you please explain why you have such an issue with the requirements for insurance? ?

Rather than voice your every disapproval perhaps you could just say, it is what it is and enter :) What boat do you have? There are a few of us on here that would like to come and have a chat with you about the race and ease any concerns you might have :)

And please don't take any offence and complain about me again. This is an exciting race to which you seem rather negative about. I mean it in the nicest possible way dear friend we just want positivity not negativity :)

I have noticed that the RPNYC is running a 'crew available' feature, but I was just wondering how many skippers actually use this (including other regattas such as BOI Race Week) as compared to finding crew in other ways (word of mouth etc)?

My friend

They have this clause which I posted on earlier. So you do not have to think.

clause 15.1 Each yacht shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of $3m per event.

markm Quote "Expect the reason is to cover against the possibility that a third party take action against the organising yacht club if an incident occurred and the boat involved couldn't cover the claim.

Also expect that if there are any marinas involved in hosting at any of the ports, they'd require at least this level of cover anyway" /quote

Those expected reason thoughts are exonerate by clause 14.1 disclaimer form that every entrant signs as a condition on entry

Read

14.1 Competitors participate in all races entirely at their own risk. Refer to RRS rule 4. The Organising Authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during or after the race.

Don't know many yachts from there worth $3 or more and would have to be a major collision to cause a total loss situation in view on salvaging most equipment hardware deck gear is possible for the worst case scenario .

So can you understand my questioning, note questioning not complaining. Just seems a excessive expense which could be enough to convince some wanting to enter from entering.

:?: If you are going to race is it not better to race against 50 or more rather than 6 ?

:idea:

OC

My friend

They have this clause which I posted on earlier. So you do not have to think.

clause 15.1 Each yacht shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of $3m per event.

markm Quote "Expect the reason is to cover against the possibility that a third party take action against the organising yacht club if an incident occurred and the boat involved couldn't cover the claim.

Also expect that if there are any marinas involved in hosting at any of the ports, they'd require at least this level of cover anyway" /quote

Those expected reason thoughts are exonerate by clause 14.1 disclaimer form that every entrant signs as a condition on entry

Read

14.1 Competitors participate in all races entirely at their own risk. Refer to RRS rule 4. The Organising Authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during or after the race.

Don't know many yachts from there worth $3 or more and would have to be a major collision to cause a total loss situation in view on salvaging most equipment hardware deck gear is possible for the worst case scenario .

So can you understand my questioning, note questioning not complaining. Just seems a excessive expense which could be enough to convince some wanting to enter from entering.

:?: If you are going to race is it not better to race against 50 or more rather than 6 ?

OC

For someone who says they are interested it appears that your only interest is in complaining. Can you please explain why you have such an issue with the requirements for insurance? ?

Rather than voice your every disapproval perhaps you could just say, it is what it is and enter :) What boat do you have? There are a few of us on here that would like to come and have a chat with you about the race and ease any concerns you might have :)

And please don't take any offence and complain about me again. This is an exciting race to which you seem rather negative about. I mean it in the nicest possible way dear friend we just want positivity not negativity :)

No Comment except I will lodge a protest every time the rules are broken.

Why did Matt edit your post and give you a warning?

OC

Really looking forward to this race, should be a good one this time. its great to see such a nice mix of offshore sailing, regattas and coastal stuff in NZ at the moment. It seems to me that the NZ racing scene has really come good in the last year or 2.

I have noticed that the RPNYC is running a 'crew available' feature, but I was just wondering how many skippers actually use this (including other regattas such as BOI Race Week) as compared to finding crew in other ways (word of mouth etc)?

Lots You are all ready at the web site. Shows they are interested with that particular race. Why go looking at another list, to ask are you interested, to be told no.

Great Idea

Every race should have that feature with provision for your cv. Saves the skipper a tremendous amount with time. Word on mouth yes the best if the recommendation is not repaying a obligation and over stating the crew person skills - experience. A cv is the best to make sure re a stranger. MY OPINION WHICH WILL PROBABLY DRAW FLACK FROM THESE ANTI AIRCRAFT ARTILLARY GUN POSTERS. :wink: :)

OC

Really looking forward to this race, should be a good one this time. its great to see such a nice mix of offshore sailing, regattas and coastal stuff in NZ at the moment. It seems to me that the NZ racing scene has really come good in the last year or 2.

Meaning. This is a new race never been raced before. :shh:

OC

No Comment except I will lodge a protest every time the rules are broken.

Why did Matt edit your post and give you a warning?

Plus I was never advised who complained against me to get banned previously.

OC

Well I am happy that I learnt something new today, how to add a user to the Foes list so I don't have to read through their dribble!!

This event looks like a whole bunch of fun, and I would love to do it on my boat just to prove I can, maybe after a coastal and the other longer races from AK it will be the next step.

Well I am happy that I learnt something new today, how to add a user to the Foes list so I don't have to read through their dribble!!

This event looks like a whole bunch of fun, and I would love to do it on my boat just to prove I can, maybe after a coastal and the other longer races from AK it will be the next step.

Really? How? I am teetering ont he brink of not wanting to keep contributing to organising the event. OC's posts just sap my will to be involved.

Yes oc after you told on me my post got pulled. Sorry if my oc (often complaining) content offended you it was meant as tounge and cheek dear friend. No harm was ment.

Oc you never did say what boat or design you have? ??

Rawhide be great to see you on the start line! We have a fair bit of work to do to get there. what type of boat do you have?

Archived