Woman single handed- coastal classic 2015 boat needed

SeaEagleii

This is a long shot but-

Had such fun sailing with Cathy on her boat Rage this coastal

That I'm keen to do it single handed next year-

I just sold my cruising boat and buying over40 foot so If anyone would be keen to help me out with a small zippy boat to do woman's single handed that would be pretty cool-

I guess I'd need a few weekends to get to know the set up before- Id be happy to pay insurance ;)

Pretty long shot but hell - don't ask ..don't get :)

Not sure any woman ever do one it single handed before so if I did I think that would be cool.

Great easy race this year - next time I'll get bloody passage plan for into Russell right now that I know it :0 did not do to bad considering it was a new boat and 2nd sail on it :-) .

I think I'd rock it on my own if well prepared -

Iv sailed 54days on 36 footer through South Indian Ocean with another woman who had never sailed before and loads more

Sailing-

So if anyone out there keen to lend me some little boat for next year I'm keen :)

Sash

Not bought it yet- will be between 40&45- steel cruiser - I expect a bit of work in it as we only have 100k to spend won't be ready- plus short distance to keep a heavy cruiser moving fAst- reefing etc - bloody hard work single - small boats easy - fun ( although wet) - can move in light air ..... Won't break the bank

What's a good fastish little boat 24+ for stuff like coastal single handed?tracker looks pretty cool

For ease of motion, ability to hold a course under autopilot, performance with small sails and genus, it's hard to beat a Ross 930. Look up splash palace on trademe

Totally biased of course

If you want to try one out, give me a yell

Fair enough

Dont want to spend more than 10k as we still buying our big cruising yacht . :crazy:

just something to do the coastal for the hell of it single handed ..

does not seem to be many single handing woman about .. may as well get a trend going..lol but I dont want to spend on that as my passion is not racing but more chugging about to cool places on the wind..

well if any one comes up with a fitted out little racing thing for me to play with next year that would be amazing lol

here some vids of us doing Southern Ocean

Watch out for the Potty mouths ... eeekkkkk just been through a hectic storm .. boat a mess

Coastal not really a big deal after that ...

Looking looking for a boat to buy under 10k otherwise .. if anyone knows of something ..

Bruce Far 27ft Keeler maybe that ??

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=795793721

This is a long shot but-

If you are into long shots, this might be worth considering. Could charter and ship it for less than $10k, it would be the easiest boat to sail and probably the most sponsor friendly boat in the fleet (apart from Vodaphone) so you might be able to get some of your $10k back.

Don't under-estimate it.

I have often wondered how these proas would go and the multihull fraternity in NZ have always scoffed at them.

I would be interested in supporting you in the venture (financially or otherwise) if you did it in one of these.

And if you had done it this year you would DEFINITELY have done it before nightfall! i.e hardly any monos would have beaten you.

message me..

Hell yea - if someone sponsored me an inflatable sailing boat is give it a bash .. Never sailed multi hulls before but why the hell not try-

I was first SA woman only boat to cross South Indian Ocean two handed with a woman who had never sailed before..for 54 days.. in a boat I fitted ..loaded 100mm over waterline with all our stuff .. Lol

I reckon I could learn to sail something with 2 hulls for less than a day ;) would need to use boat a bit to train up before the race :)

Sailingsash@gmail.com

Blog. sailingsash.blogspot.com

I approached the MHYC a few years ago while looking into a larger racing proa with Rob. They wouldn't accept the entry. In fact I could only find one YC / race in NZ that would accept a proa (New Plymouth and the SH Trans Tasman - ups to them for having an open mind).

Archived