1/4 Ton Farr 727 sail ability?

SeaEagleii

Happi , go to the library and read a couple of books by Andrew Fagan. On is Swirly World in Perpetuity, can't remember the other title.

Other one is Swirly World Sails South. Both brilliant books,

also there is Lindsay Wrights latest which has a bit in it from Wishbone/Trish Lewis doing the Tasman in a Reactor.

727's are awesome. Although I am biased...

Mumbo Jumbo was sailed to Great Barrier (Island not reef) plenty of times and all that singlehanded.

Many of them have done Coastal Classic...

Some of us occasionally beat much bigger boats (in right conditions), couple of weeks ago I did a singlehanded race around Motuihie in a nasty, gusty, shitty horrible slop and the boat behaved beautifully, (if you like self abuse :D ). We hit 9kts with a reef and no headsail on the way to the start... One of the other boats recorded peak wind speed at 28kts.

They are hardy boats that have proven themselves over the years. Cheap to maintain and race, although If I was doing it again I would buy a done up one, but as a rule of thumb I don't think you can go wrong.

What are the alternatives? Tasman 20, Noelex, Reactor, Tracker... I shiver at a thought of them....

I think that 727 is a damn good boat, good looking one at that, excellent value for money and there is a couple of awesome examples for sale right now.

Disclosure: English is my second language and I come from the landlocked country. :mrgreen:

Archived