using durapox

Same as MB.

Personally I would not take the risk. Just because something is Urathane or Epoxy means nothing to compatibility. There are so many variations. It would be horrible to coat the whatever you are painting and then find it never actually fully cures or creates the long lasting finish it should have, which is the reason you use such a finish in the first place. Or even worse, have it react or not go of at all and then you are left with a mess to get off. Because such coatings harden and cure by Chemical reaction, adding something it was never intended to have added to it, can affect that reaction.

As MB said, you need to talk to the Manufacturer and if they have Tech support, they might tell you, bit chances are, they won't take such a risk of stepping outside the boundaries. Unless it is a small company and you get to talk directly to the Chemist, maybe, just maybe he might tell you.

Was wondering if anyone has expert knowledge with this product. can I mix some of the clear finish with the undercoat to get a slight shine?

Yes add some gloss to the undercoat and you get a more glossy finish.

Remember to add a small amount of thinners

If using it outside remember to use the UV coating over the top as over time it will break down otherwise.

Durepox is awesome stuff, I use it everywhere on the boat

I have rolled it on (white on my transom board), and brushed it on (clear gloss on a floor board).

It's hard to get a completely smooth finish but the foam roller did a pretty good job. You get pretty thin coats and use up a roller head with every coat.

You can break it down a little with the thinners to make it easier to roll and tip off.
It is a coating that is supposed to continue to flow out smooth as it goes off. I have just painted a Drag car in the stuff, because the owner  wanted something hard. He sure got that. It is hard as hobnails.
In saying that, there are other coatings that are just as hard and perhaps easier to apply.

Clipper, I just re read you post. I didn't pickup on the centre boards part. Durapox would be a good call for that. Durapox is not pure epoxy. It's an Epoxy Urathane mix and that is very important for outdoor use as pure Eopxies Chalk in UV.
Hempels also do several Epoxy coatings. I have just used one particular Hempel product on my workshop floor and it is absolutely amazingly hard wearing and was very well priced.

They do an accelerator to go with it, this seems to make the durapox dry a lot harder ( definitely harder to sand ), so its what i add when wanting more hardness for the likes of foils and high traffic areas.

They did a lot of testing of it way back when i was at Cooksons - we did engine bays and even fuel tanks with it. Not too sure how it would go with bio-diesel due to the methanol content, mind you not many paint manufacturers would warrant their paints with that either  

I use it as a preferred primer for nearly everything.