The Great Barrier Express Race

quite keen on the Great Barrier Express Race -would be great to get a few GBE's along-who is thinking they'll do it? -and any advance on the actual date - end of Jan is very busy

From the NZMYC Notices page:

"The Great Barrier Express Race

Watch this space for an exciting new race - The Great Barrier Express

The plan is to leave early on a Saturday morning and race to the Barrier. We'll meet up at the Fitzroy Yacht Club for beers, supper and prize giving.

Fun race home the next day.

The Great Barrier Express Race

Don't forget there's a bath and washing facilities at Smokehouse bay and fingers crossed some of the cruising boats will have towed a lure and caught some fish for us to BBQ!

Currently the plan is to fit this in at the end of Jan."

I know the guy who just bought the GBE "Rental" I'll see if he's interested.

I noticed she is no longer on Trademe. Good to hear she has a new home - where is he going to keep her?

Rental will go to Fiji - but not for a while. Hamish (the new owner) has bought a property up there, and will build on that (he's a builder, Artisan Building Contractors), and Rental will be boat for the Holiday house.

Rental will go to Fiji - but not for a while. Hamish (the new owner) has bought a property up there, and will build on that (he's a builder, Artisan Building Contractors), and Rental will be boat for the Holiday house.

Does he have 8.5 Class Customs clearance to take her out of the Country?! :(

Great fun, although getting stuck in a hole off Barrier and watching Freedom and Voom charge up to us was not great. 

Saw loads of sharks off Kawau and Whales off Barrier. Pub was good. 

Archived