UN latest climate outlook

33 minutes ago, KM... said:

Not my power co dude. Ours thinks we're stealing from them as our consumption is so low.

Note the range in the screen shot below is 26 to 43, I used 30. That price range was echoed by the other options as well so 30 is a viable one to use and at the EV friendly end of the spectrum. The battery capacity and mileage was direct from Nissan themselves.

The headlines claim the most efficient is a Leaf. As we see many in this thread are basing their end of days calls base just on headlines so they must be right, which means you must be wrong ;)

2020-12-09_172358.png.74205a0bf1b079982c6c95fb199f93e6.png

Gee KM, you should know better not to get your facts of the internet. Far out. I was paying 30c / kWh (near the bottom of your range) but got pissed off so phoned Contact and asked in my nicest sweaty pie style if they could sort that for me, and now I'm paying 18.3 cents / kWh including GST, levy thingee and special, cause I asked nicely, discount.

Took one phone call and an email to sort. Didn't even end up on hold. And I'm nothing special. Common or garden variety household. No business accounts or secret hydroponic operations.

Makes a big difference to the operating cost of the EV...

Who on earth pays 43 cents / kWh? that is a joke. Take the time to read your bill and make a phone call...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lots of both sided arguments, and the thread was started I believe by suggesting that global warming was being caused by population increase. Whether that is true or not, the elephant in the room, wh

Wowwwww.... this Michael Shellenberger dude a brave bastard coming out and more so speaking out but one in a growing trend coming out saying the same thing....not that the mass public are allowed to k

I work with some now young adults and they take those up/down tickie things incredibly seriously and references to them do come up in suicide notes. As BP has said he doesn't understand them that mean

Posted Images

Getting by on inverter and three panels at the moment. ( 3 x 275 watts,) . In building mode so generator for mig welder. Inverter does all else .  Can't wait to add the other 15 panels. : )

not an ideal situation, because l can't afford a newer electric vehicle so due to 550 km one way commute, running lpg  gas. 

On 9/12/2020 at 6:16 PM, Fish said:

Who on earth pays 43 cents / kWh? that is a joke.

Well, I'd think someone/s sure seem to be, maybe they are like us and don't have EV's so don't have the bargaining power of being high users. Beside who has ever meet a EV owner who doesn't get the most spectacular power costs and manage to get more mileage out of one charge than even the manufacturers ;) So I tend think the interweb range is correct and the 30 is a perfectly viable number to use as a general idea. If we wanted to get micro picky now on rural pricing so pay around 25c litre less than pump price, I could have used that but I used Akl wide average pump price.

We pay Contact 36.9 cents a day, plus line charges, averaged over the year.  Most of our power is used in winter thru an electric heater.  We pay 24.4c per KW.

But we do also have significant quantities of PV, most on the farm but also a little in the city. We have tuned everything to very low usage which is not hard. We've found for most items it's wiser, and cheaper, to replace the item with a low consumption option than it is to add more collection and inputs.

Gotta run, the plods have just arrived to have a chat to me about guns.

our average and cents per unit.

VARIABLE USAGE CHARGE Std - Combination Contract Anytime 251 kWh x 24.35 cents/kWh $61.12 Controlled 400 kWh x 18.67 cents/kWh $74.68 DAILY FIXED CHARGE 30 days x 183.99 cents/day $55.20 ELECTRICITY AUTHORITY LEVY 651 kWh x 0.12 cents/kWh $0.78 GST $28.77 TOTALS $220.55

Mercury but counties line,just outside vectors area.So no dividened only a free bill in January

On 7/12/2020 at 1:08 PM, Black Panther said:

WE have had a micro-hydroelectric turbine down at the base of our stream, very near sea level. It's been up and running since 1985. In the last 35 years... I have no doubts that average sea Levels have risen in the far northern hemisphere where we have this system. I've had to raise the turbine to prevent it being flooded by the rising sea level. Logs in the cove are washing further inland.... It's important to understand that sea level rise has not been 'even' across all oceans and coastlines.

As an aside to this whole UN/Carbon/Global Warming thread.... There is so much that we all of have the opportunity to do, I'm impressed with the number of solar electric systems and inroads into sustainable homes, and the frequency of low impact life styles. For my part, I've never paid a power bill in my 61 years... helped to install over a 1,000 solar electric system, and devoted my working life to chasing these goals. 

Hey Idlerboat...isn't lpg a fossil fuel

On 12/12/2020 at 1:19 AM, idlerboat said:

Getting by on inverter and three panels at the moment. ( 3 x 275 watts,) . In building mode so generator for mig welder. Inverter does all else .  Can't wait to add the other 15 panels. : )

not an ideal situation, because l can't afford a newer electric vehicle so due to 550 km one way commute, running lpg  gas.