Analog to N2K

Hey Matt, do you do an analog to N2k translation whatsit and what is your cheapest N2k display? Looking at options for replacing broken/dodgy engine gauges. Already have N2k backbone run but only dedicated display is Floscan for fuel computers which doesn't seem capable of displaying other data.

Just analog as still using old VDO gauges which have mostly crapped out. New gauge prices are pretty scary and as we're already N2k sorted it might be more cost effective to use this. Unfortunately the plotters are all NMEA 0183. Would a 2000 - 0183 converter allow data to be displayed on the Furuno screens?

Getting the data to the NMEA 2000 is easy - check out http://nolandeng.com/rs11.php that will do it. I think they also have software that will display it for you if you have a PC?? Pretty good price - $280 usd.

Converting back to NMEA 0183 is a bit more specialized - the device used must support the PGN-0183 sentences required. I'd have to put some time into that, or perhaps noland engineering will know? Ask them , then let me know if you need futher help.

ok?? You'll need to look in your Furuno manuals to see what 0183 sentences they support for engine data... or give me the model numbers

Thanks Matt,

I'm suspecting a cheap N2k display is probably the best option, combined with the Nolan converter for now, considering an upgrade of electronis is probably not far away but not in the next 6 months. If you can supply I'd happily buy a package from you if you're competitive so I could get some background support in final set-up.

Archived