1/4 ton cup 30yrs on

Quarterback

There is a whiting looking for a new owner at Panmure (qantel ex Miss Premier Plastics 1980 )

Could be interested in Whiting if still for sale? Can anyone elaborate on general condition and a contact for the owner.

Cheers

Qantel Whiting 25 Magic Bus Mk 2

There is a first refusal at this time but the owner may be interesed in an offer.

Moonstream Atkinson 25 was Stans Family Jewels which Murray Ross sailed 1974 it on the piles at Panmure needs TLC onwer is interested in a offer

Hope to see you all at todays meetng 1600hrs

john@sparloft.co.nz 5793923

Qantel Whiting 25 Magic Bus Mk 2

There is a first refusal at this time but the owner may be interesed in an offer.

Moonstream Atkinson 25 was Stans Family Jewels which Murray Ross sailed 1974 it on the piles at Panmure needs TLC onwer is interested in a offer/quote]

Looking from wellington. What do you think boats are worth and what sort of condition is the Atkinson in? Just wondering if it is worth making a trip up to take a look. Any chance of getting owner details so I can have a chat direct? Happy to pm you my contact details if you wish to pass them on.

Cheers

36 years on from the 1974, 1/4 series....

..........and the competitors were, in place order:

1 Demon Tweaker : Phil Atkinson

2 Boomer : Geoff Entrican

3 Doughnut : S&S 24

4 Straight Laced : Farr

5 Fantzipantz : Farr

6 Halinka : Gary Lambert

7 Presto : Harmonic (Wagstaff)

8 Ganymede : S&S 24

9 Scherzo : Harmonic

10= Apollo : Wagstaff

10=Gumdigger : Wagstaff

12 Bloodshot : Coronet

13 Shindig Harmonic

Apparently it was mostly a light airs series.

I am heading to Sydney tonight to sail in this weekends legends regatta to mark 30 yrs of J24 in Aus 27 starters out of Gosford sailing club

J24 Legends Regatta

· Monday 4th October 2010 – 2 races free entry

· Sausage Sizzle and Legends winners’ presentation at Gosford Sailing Club.

Sail with a Legend for the day.

Here’s your chance to have one of Australias J24 Sailing Legends sail on your boat as either skipper or crew. This will be the most amazing collection of past and current World Champions and National Champions, the J24 class has ever brought together for a day of racing and conviviality. Immediately following the State Championship, this one day regatta will become the stuff of Legends itself. If you want to meet and talk with, sail against and have a beer with our Sailing Legends, you need to book early and be at the Legends Regatta

Invitations to the ‘J24 Legends regatta’ event include World Champions, National Champions and Women on Water winners and supporters. The evening’s dinner Master of Ceremonies will be ex J24 sailor Rob Mundle. We already have Legends Mark Bethwaite, Ian MacDiarmid, Gary Geitz, David Suda, Sean Wallis, Sean Kirkjian, Hugo Ottoway, Greg Hyde, Steve Girdis, Murray Walters, Andrew Hunn and Kanga Birtles confirmed.

If you are interested in entering, or being involved, please contact Terry on 0413 876184 or Paula on 0404 539176

Hey guys do any of you know much about the cavalier26. (It's a Doug Peterson design looks identical to the cav36) I use to own a cav26 called "jellybean" that was kept in the Wietie river. I trucked her to Mana Wellington and sailed her ther before upgrading to the 36. It would ave been great to see how she sailed compared to the other 1/4 1/2 tonners

2994_91971517462_572117462_2473189_4952374_n.jpg

The peterson 26 was a 1/4 tonner along with the salthouse 25 there were also several Peterson 30's built. Rough Red (Russell Hume) that rated 1/2 ton

Just back from the legends of J24's regatta which included the NSW class champships at Gosford Sydney 27 yacht's 8 w/l races

very close racing, traffic jams at the top mark, 2 mins over the fleet at the finish. After this series for the state champship, two more races were sailed on Monday 4th with 17 legends skippers, (legends of the class, past Presidents and class champions ) including Mark Bethwaite, Rob Mundle, Kanga Bertles, Rob Brewer, Bob Hagen and many others. I was sailing with Al Morrison a ex president who now lives and sails in Nelson, but has a boat stored in Sydney our place was 14 /27 so mid fleet but did hook into a 3rd & 6th

Ex Aucklander now Melbourne sailor Simon Grain won the Andrew Short memorial trophy in race 1 of the legend's day on Monday (a Past class Pres.) and the second legends race was won by Nev Wittey for the Ian Bashford Memorial trophy.

If the 30 yrs reunion regatta for 1/4 ton is anywhere like is past weekend then we are in for a great series

Boomer is currently on the hard at Okahu Bay undergoing some maintenance. She came off her mooring a couple of weeks ago and spent a night on the rocks at Birkenhead Point....hardly a scratch. If you want to take a closer look, feel free to email: info@cellmate.co.nz or call 021 987 959

Shard

please check the 021 number

call me 09 5793923 I saw her there 10 days ago

NOTICE OF RACE

The full NOR will be ready next week, any one wanting a copy please E to John@sparloft.co.nz or info@pybc.org.nz

No ratings required this year for the reunon series but the boats must be in the Std ex 1/4 ton configuration trim rig etc or stand scrutinising by a panel before entry, any questions please ph 09 5793923 or e to above

Full haulout yard available, and the Clubrooms open a 1600hrs wednesday to sunday Kings Rd Panmure opp St Kents

Here are some photos from Blackfuns first (re)sail last Friday night.

The name will go on this week and there are still a few things to finish off.

Light and shifty. She felt pretty good and we are pretty confident that she is at least on par the the UK boats that we have sailed.

Laurie is coming down this week for an inspection.

post-787-141887170592.jpg

post-787-141887170595.jpg

post-787-141887170597.jpg

'The Weapon' returns - faster, stronger, lighter.

She looks great - better on the water than when I saw her a month or so ago in the shed. You guys have done a fantastic job on her.

Go hard!

EE

(the former owner of the Worlds Fastest Quarter Tonner)

Steve K

Qantel Magic bus design is back in the water after a tidy up and antifoul

Bill Ward is listing her on Trade me any day

Lots of gear +8hp OB just about ready to race

Entries

several boats have made contact, lots of downloads of the NOR and Entry forms from the pybc.org.nz site

for info John Bennett 09 5793923

Black Fun looks great Twitchy, well done. A very clean and simple layout, look forward to hearing more details about the set up - you seem to have just the two winches, is halyard tension via magic boxes or similar? Is the cabin top a 'minimum IRC' arrangement?

Steve K

Qantel Magic bus design is back in the water after a tidy up and antifoul

Bill Ward is listing her on Trade me any day

Lots of gear +8hp OB just about ready to race

Entries

several boats have made contact, lots of downloads of the NOR and Entry forms from the pybc.org.nz site

for info John Bennett 09 5793923

Hey thanks for that. Have purchased a wagstaff harmonic out of nelson so out of the boat market at this stage.

Cheers

She was originally white Rocket..........when they launched her with just white primer the day before she cleaned up the PGH Quarter Tonne Cup.... lost the first race due to rigging screw undoing itself then won the rest 5 - zip.

White/Black , still a legend.

Twitchy is she going black for her 'away' kit?

Archived