Sewerage Treatment Systems

Only once so far - if in a garden, then just tip it straight in. If not you can use any rubbish bag, but a bio-degradeable rubbish bag is more in line with a composting toilet! try http://www.friendlypak.co.nz/Products/Bag-Pak/Bin-Liners or http://www.insinc.co.nz/economyrubbishbags.html

Matt

Seeing as no one has said anything about the electric purifying units, I'll throw my 2 cents in the ring. All I have heard about them is that they are expensive to buy, expensive to maintain, always seem to need some for of maintenance and often found second hand on trademe because they are to troublesome. There are two designs, the older one having been phased out, used an electrical charge to kill the critters in the tank. The newer unit uses an electrical current to create chlorine from the salt water and uses that to kill the critters. The second is apparently better and less issues than the first, but still not problem free.
I think the Composting would be the bees knees if you can fit one.

Wheels, I had and used an electro san for years (about 14). In that time it went thru 3 electrode packs, and worked out at about $0.70 per flush over that time to keep it working 100%. Many units out there don't work properly as they have not been properly maintained. If anyone has one that the orange light flashes during treatment, while there is good power available, it is no longer treating the effluent properly. The electrode pack needs replacing (circa $700 IIRC).

The other issues are foreign objects in the unit, weeping motor seals (smell) and long hoses that will also eventually smell.

However, if I did not have the composting head, I would have repaired it again, or replaced it with a new one. I still prefer them over a holding tank.