Stolen Yacht

to all the people on this site that keep referring to "insurance",  if any off you had bothered to read the herald item, regards this vessel. You would have read that the owners stated that the boat was UNINSURED.   

• Upvote 1
Guest Ketchup

A good illustration of why it's a good idea to post under one's own name. You think twice before hitting that button to send.

Correct and then the forum becomes a "PC" boring series of "monologue based" rhetoric.

Very similar to interviews with our sporting people.... a "mind numbing" babble of nothingness.

I think people should say what they like and be the spice of life .... rather that a bunch of _agreeing" poofters all patting themselves on the back and agreeing about .... NOTHING!

AJ Oliver.... if you want a boring forum then you want a forum that offers nothing!

STUYA!

to all the people on this site that keep referring to "insurance",  if any off you had bothered to read the herald item, regards this vessel. You would have read that the owners stated that the boat was UNINSURED.   

Hey Chloe. Here's the original item. I have just read it twice and nothing like that was said: http://www.nzherald....jectid=11398299

A good illustration of why it's a good idea to post under one's own name. You think twice before hitting that button to send. 

Hey AJ!

Smithy IS my real name. Marshall Law is my yacht and I live in Mairangi bay (sometimes).. I did think twice and like I said in the post, I must be getting cynical. Overly cynical as it turns out, and I am chuffed that it was not the case and really feel for them at having their pride and joy stuck over in Aus.

However, it would be nice if Mr. Ketchup  and co outed themselves!! :twisted:  :twisted: :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  

Guest Ketchup

Well smithy that says it all really.

Why should anyone who does not use their name "out themselves"

This is a forum based in comment/content.

It is not about "playing the man" but debating the topic.

I think you are cynical, like a lot of people. That last paragraph is very cynical.

However I don't think, being suspicious about "an insurance scam" is as cynical as others thunk. Especially in this current world.

As for the evil face icons.... embrace the debate and peoples differences smithy.

Relate not hate :-)

Not sure what you mean Ketchup by saying "That says it all really". I'm not sure what it says? I have no need to hide behind a multitude of funny names like you, but maybe I just don't care so much if people know who I am... In these online days, maybe that is a little naïve. Not sure. No hating involved mate. Happy to debate. The devil faces were just to wind you up and you responded like one of Pavlov's canines, so all good! :razz:  :razz:

This says distinctly otherwise:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/northern-advocate/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503450&objectid=11403767

"Mr Holland said it was now up to the couple's insurance company to decide what happened to the yacht.  'They may bring it back or say the cost of repairs and bringing it back are more than it's covered for so we really don't know what's going to happen to her yet,' he said."

Guest Ketchup

Not sure what you mean Ketchup by saying "That says it all really". I'm not sure what it says? I have no need to hide behind a multitude of funny names like you, but maybe I just don't care so much if people know who I am... In these online days, maybe that is a little naïve. Not sure. No hating involved mate. Happy to debate. The devil faces were just to wind you up and you responded like one of Pavlov's canines, so all good! :razz:  :razz:

So trolling then Smithy?!

Guest Ketchup

what I meant, smithy, was the last paragraph were you play the man rather than the subject. I get told off for that... umm???...

So I get a warning for abusive behaviour?? Where was that? When I said I was expecting a warning soon, I thought I would have to do something to deserve it!!  There's a whole thread taking the piss out of Tomato Sauce, so my comments look pretty tame in comparison.. Might be 100% Sailing Anarchy soon... Another reader not a poster!! Putting people on ignore makes threads unreadable as they make no sense. Tried it before.

next on one 

the back story on this pair

later edit

not much about the yacht theft

but interesting nevertheless 

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/72113833/alleged-sexual-assault-victims-name-suppression-lifted

for years they stayed 1 step ahead of the slow moving law

until they burned a business man

who put up $50,000 to see them run down