Dean will be around a while yet.

Dean B has announced to the world that he is available for any AC cup Syndicate. Supposedly if the Dollars are large enough.

At present lucrative contracts as Tactician for a Russians Syndicate and a American Monohull Racing Syndicate.

He would make a formidable opponent teamed with Butterworth, or Ainslie or even ORACLE. ORACLE depending on whether ORACLE want to retain the CUP and BARKER would be able to return the favour to Sir Russell Coutts. Additionally his cv would look - no longer with a LOSING TEAM with a Losing CEO and his [ DB ] CV would read WIN WIN WIN.

It's ironical is it not !

When the all blacks have a losing streak they retain the Captain and they dump the CEO / Coach / Selector.

When the silver ferns are losing the Captain is retained and The Coach / CEO is Dumped.

When the Wallabies are losing they retain the Captain and they Dump Robbie Deans.

When the all whites are losing they retain the Captain and Dump the Coach / CEO.

Departing skipper challenges Team NZ’s version of break-up and says he won’t rule out joining a rival team .

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11415137

And the ousted skipper is weighing up a move to another America's Cup syndicate.

http://media.nzherald.co.nz/webcontent/image/jpg/201511/c2bf272ddf930ea825784a46b04c065695ea2fcc_620x311.jpg

OC

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calm down guys, Ketchup is gone. 180 days revocation of posting rights.

Back on topic. On the Radio and TV this morning, Dean says he is out of ETNZ.   While I do not dispute the fact that he has had his go, and it is time for him to move on, the way in which this has b

My daughter just made the comment that it is hardly fair to blame DB for TNZ losing when the other boat was 3-5 kn  faster - it wouldn't have mattered who was driving.

GD was on the news this morning and knew he was big time on the back foot, he didn't look at all comfortable. I think he knows he's a target of many and is on shacky ground.

If they need to dump someone they should dump whomever made the call to take the layday. That's the day they lost the AC.

Whoever or whomever??

GD was on the news this morning and knew he was big time on the back foot, he didn't look at all comfortable. I think he knows he's a target of many and is on shacky ground.

If they need to dump someone they should dump whomever made the call to take the layday. That's the day they lost the AC.

Whoever or whomever??

No disrespect.

The day GRANT lost the cup was when Grant refused to accept support for return support.

Urgent e-mails where sent during the final Four races addressed to Grant and Dean via ETNZ e-mail address with BCC to John Key, Murray Mc Cully and other Gov't Ministers.

The last stated Don't you want to win the CUP.

Don't know if Barker was Consulted.

Motorbike might like to answer on his behalf.

IT and KM have got it 100% I reckon. Very badly handled.

Morspeed, I don't believe Dean is that devious to leak it. He wears his heart on his sleeve too much to be able to pull that off. Dalts on the other hand...

You could write a book about that Lay-day. "One night out shagging"..

What a mess.

IT and KM have got it 100% I reckon. Very badly handled.

Morspeed, I don't believe Dean is that devious to leak it. He wears his heart on his sleeve too much to be able to pull that off. Dalts on the other hand...

You could write a book about that Lay-day. "One night out shagging"..

What a mess.

What the story re a leak.

There does not need to be a leak to know what's going on.

Ask MATT.

No disrespect.

The day GRANT lost the cup was when Grant refused to accept support for return support.

Urgent e-mails where sent during the final Four races addressed to Grant and Dean via ETNZ e-mail address with BCC to John Key, Murray Mc Cully and other Gov't Ministers.

The last stated Don't you want to win the CUP.

Don't know if Barker was Consulted.

Motorbike might like to answer on his behalf.

None taken.

The AC had already been lost by the time the last 4 races had even started. Look at the boats the day before the lay day then look at them the day after the lay day. One boat had very serious mods and/or tweaking on it's day off.

Are you posting from a interesting round building in Waihopai by any chance? More interestingly is Bike........Motorbike sitting next to you? ;)

None taken.

The AC had already been lost by the time the last 4 races had even started. Look at the boats the day before the lay day then look at them the day after the lay day. One boat had very serious mods and/or tweaking on it's day off.

Are you posting from a interesting round building in Waihopai by any chance? More interestingly is Bike........Motorbike sitting next to you? ;)

Ponder this STAT. and communication.

Race 7 Performance Data

Course: 5 Legs/10.14 nautical miles

Elapsed Time: ETNZ – 24:48, OTUSA – 25:54

Delta: ETNZ +1:06

Total distance sailed: ETNZ – 11.6 NM, OTUSA – 12.0 NM

Average Speed: ETNZ – 28.32 knots (32 mph), OTUSA – 27.86 knots (32 mph

Top Speed: ETNZ – 44.73 knots (51 mph), OTUSA – 41.00 knots (47 mph)

Wind speed: Average – 16.3 knots, Peak – 17.8 knots

COMMENTS

The race score is now 6-1 and the points score is 6-0 owing to Oracle’s two-point penalty. Unless something dramatic happens in the Oracle shed during the lay day tomorrow, the greatest show on water could be over after the first race on Sunday. Jimmy Spithill was his usual aggressive self at the post-race interview.

"We won't give up. I'm still convinced we can win races," he said.

Then he threw the curve-ball. "Imagine if they lose it from here," he said. "I'd like to be part of a come-back like that."

The ball was tossed / sent to GRANT and he refused to acknowledge and remained defiant.

Race 8 Performance Data

Elapsed Time: OTUSA – 23:09, ETNZ – 24:01

Delta: OTUSA +:52

Total distance sailed: OTUSA – 11.4 NM, ETNZ – 11.7 NM

Average Speed: OTUSA – 29.90 knots (34 mph), ETNZ – 29.32 knots (34 mph)

Top Speed: OTUSA – 44.58 knots  (51 mph), ETNZ – 47.02 knots ( 54 mph)

Wind speed: Average – 16.6 knots, Peak – 19.6 knots

Number of Tacks/Jibes: OTUSA – 8/8,                                     ETNZ – 9/7

Check the boat speeds ETNZ was Still the Fastest boat.  Look at the tacticians tactics = 8/8   9/7

Distance sailed ETNZ sailed an extra .3 NM

The CEO, tacticians and strategists, wind gods decide.

Also ponder this with respect again,

THE RACE THAT COULD HAVE WON THE CUP.

Race 13 Performance Data

Course: 5 Legs/10.08 nautical miles

Elapsed Time: OTUSA – 27:20, ETNZ – 28:44

Delta: OTUSA +1:24

Total distance sailed: OTUSA – 10.9 NM, ETNZ – 10.8 NM

Average Speed: OTUSA – 24.16 knots (28 mph), ETNZ – 22.63 knots (26 mph)

Top Speed: OTUSA – 33.90 knots (39 mph), ETNZ – 33.74 knots (39 mph)

Windspeed: Average – 9.8 knots, Peak – 13.2 knots

Number of Tacks/Jibes: OTUSA – 5/7, ETNZ – 6/8

21 Sep 2013

Morning race Time limit expires with ETNZ holding a 1000 metre lead around the last mark when the figure 40.00 minutes came up on the race committee boat. There was an audible obscenity on the ETNZ boat and on Oracle a huge sigh of relief. The race was restarted sometime later the same afternoon when there was more wind as the five minute signal went up the mast – but not much. The official call was 11.5 knots which ORACLE won by 1 minute 24 secs.

Comment

Grant Dalton has just overseen arguably the biggest choke in sporting history.

AS CEO why didn't Dalton spot the time limit rule. As CEO on $ 2 million Dollars a year Salary he should have thrown a computer software analysis application program over the course at all wind

strenghts and angles. If he had on done that, he would have discovered it was impossible to complete a race during those lower wind speeds and should have, with the challengers fought to have the time limit increased. Because ETNZ was capable over all wind speeds with their boards that no other boat had. The Jury ruled in ETNZ Favour re the boards that gave them an advantage at low wind speeds.

Why oh Why Have A lower wind speed limit for lower wind speeds and not for heavy high wind speeds even if they have passed the dangerous high wind speed mark? Excellent binkmanship on the part of

SIR RUSSEL COUTTS. There was no such rule for wind increasing above the wind speed limit once the race had started. The defender makes the rules but have changed them previously if there is enough

loud protesting

OC

Dunno why I am dragged into this but my thought on the whole sad affair is that Barker has become the public whipping boy. Even if he isn't selected to drive, he certainly has a huge talent and experience which would be a disaster for the team to lose to the competition. The PR bungle is disgraceful and shows a management team on the ropes, any employer who acts that way towards a loyal employee of 20 years has their ethics in freefall.

I wish him well, he has a lot more professional sailing to do yet

Dunno why I am dragged into this but my thought on the whole sad affair is that Barker has become the public whipping boy. Even if he isn't selected to drive, he certainly has a huge talent and experience which would be a disaster for the team to lose to the competition. The PR bungle is disgraceful and shows a management team on the ropes, any employer who acts that way towards a loyal employee of 20 years has their ethics in freefall.

http://crew.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic/11522-dean-will-be-around-a-while-yet/page-6

Frankly - I'm fed up with the crap that comes out of TNZ. 

The herald report that "Team New Zealand chairman Keith Turner admits the prospect of axed skipper Dean Barker joining another America's Cup syndicate is worrying for the Kiwi team, and blames the media for the dispute reaching this point." - to blame the media is deplorable.  They never intended for Barker to be Sail Director and he never intended to be anything less so it was only ever going to reach this point - pathetic.

and;

"Team NZ have denied the original source that led to the media reports Barker was to be axed as skipper came from chief executive Grant Dalton or any of the team's management.

"The ETNZ board has conducted an investigation into the cause or source of the 'leak'.

"We are totally satisfied that Grant Dalton was not involved in anyway and he and his management team have our full confidence and backing. No member of the board or management leaked any information," a statement from the team read."

So the implication here really is that it could only have been DB who leaked it.  In deciding that he wasn't going to be Sail Director they should have known he was gone - not realising that shows a complete lack of understanding of key staff/management.  They're a sinking ship.

The herald report that "Team New Zealand chairman Keith Turner admits the prospect of axed skipper Dean Barker joining another America's Cup syndicate is worrying for the Kiwi team, and blames the media for the dispute reaching this point." - to blame the media is deplorable.  They never intended for Barker to be Sail Director and he never intended to be anything less so it was only ever going to reach this point - pathetic.

and;

"Team NZ have denied the original source that led to the media reports Barker was to be axed as skipper came from chief executive Grant Dalton or any of the team's management.

"The ETNZ board has conducted an investigation into the cause or source of the 'leak'.

"We are totally satisfied that Grant Dalton was not involved in anyway and he and his management team have our full confidence and backing. No member of the board or management leaked any information," a statement from the team read."

So the implication here really is that it could only have been DB who leaked it.  In deciding that he wasn't going to be Sail Director they should have known he was gone - not realising that shows a complete lack of understanding of key staff/management.  They're a sinking ship.

and;

There was no leaking. That's just yours and DB's  assumption.

Did the reporter state he obtained the information from a leaked source. No he did not. There was no direct source other than his loop connection.

ScotttiE

Go to        http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~philclarke/americascupstats.html

Click on  Are grinders needed on a AC boat?

Read the article.

When they where writing the rule / recommending re putting an engine on the design for electric winches he received numerous calls from AC grinders expressing there objection to such a rule or recommendation - they stated "your not going to put an engine on the boats are you" . "You will make 26 - 30 of us with 20 years experience redundant and with no high paid jobs to go too".

How did they know he had written the rules to allow gen sets so as to eliminate  grinders so that,  costs for the building and crewing would be reduced when they had not been published. No person had leaked the information so how did they Know?

All the woman gossip magazines with there tit bits and bonking stories who is doing who and how often -  do you think the celebrities phone and sell those stories to the mag?. No they don't.

ScottiE they know how many sheets of toilet paper you use every time you go to the toilet.

So lets get this thread going with reality. Read between the lines.