Murray Deaker on Team NZ: Grant Dalton must go

I'm afraid I agree with Deaker here.  The way this latest "announcement" was handled, the way Barker has been treated, the way the rest of the team must now feel, someone has to be the fall guy, and that guy should be Dalton.  Maybe Barker could take his role?

As sad as it is, I don't think there is now any place for either of them in the team - Barker by his own choice, and Dalton's should be by the boards choice.  One can only hope the board is looking in to what went down over the past few weeks, and when they find out what happened, release the details, and release the offender.

While it's not entirely a public organization (certainly not at the moment without any govt. funding), the fact they are a New Zealand team, and have a huge fan base in the country, should ensure they are transparent and open in their communications to the country.  If they're not, they will very quickly lose support.  

The next few weeks are going to be very interesting... 

If Dalton goes so does ETNZ! Did Deaker in all his wisdom have a replacement in mind for Dalton or was it just axe him and find someone else, those are some pretty big boots to fill. ETNZ is unique in the way we don't have open budgets like the other teams, if "Dalton must go" we may as well kiss it goodbye.

As for Barker he's an amazing sailor, a pro sailor..in a pro sport. If you don't perform another pro sailor will take your spot.......that's why it's called professional sport

Who is Murray Deaker? What does he sail on?

10 odd times Sports Journalist something or other of the year amongst many other accolades. M Class.... amongst others.

Is that enough or do you need more? ;)

If Dalton goes so does ETNZ!

That's what the said with Peter Blake... but they were wrong then as well. Both are unusual but not certainly unique. TNZ as a brand is way bigger than any one person. There are people/groups out there right this minute making plans for TNZ if GD bails...... or gets shown the door. There would be millionaires/billionaires everywhere willing to pay large to have TNZ. An Swiss/Italian drug pusher did exactly that. Sure he didn't get to use the TNZ name but that's about all he didn't get.

If Dalton called the lay day in Frisco he should be long gone on this alone. Barker should have had the power to do this but apparently found out by email.

From all we have been told Daltons the one who has damaged the ETNZ brand and should be gone on this also. Barker seems to have been treated very unprofessionally in this latest debarcle. I would like him to stay on but I want Dalton gone.

I agree with PJ though that Oracle have ensured they will be the only AC winners in town.

One thing that pisses me off the most is that ETNZ and our taxes are being linked in a confidential agreement where not one of us will get any disclosure to the actual sum involved.

Time for this pack of serial trough scoffing inept philandering twits to pack it up and leave the public purse in peace.

There was a pretty thorough financial break down done by ETNZ after the last cup. It's available online for anyone with 10 mins to search for it.  

Like it's been said above, Dalton walking right now would likely spell the end of TNZ. If that's what you'd like so see, then jump on the Deaker band wagon and call for blood. It's all very well lynching Dalton, but I'm yet to hear any mention of a $100m plan B. Cause that's what we'll be up against. Just ask the French/Australians/Koreans etc.

I not interested in waiting for another post cup audit to belatedly reveal the amount taxpayers loot that has been squandered.

Time to reveal all now including the bloated salaries being paid to certain individuals high in the ETNZ hierarchy.

The poisoned chalice has spilt its toxic contents over Deano, who will be next.

Cause that's what we'll be up against.

That's a key word in a lot of this palava going on.

Some see 'their' team and naturally want to support/shelter/cuddle etc, so will turn a blind eye to some of the issues. That's standard human nature in action.

Others see a business, and like when most business's have deep performance issues and/or are in the sh*t something has to change, usually that's the person/s calling the shots.

It's all making for rather interesting goings that's for sure.