Easter cruise time again, who's in?

Vorpal Blade

Well, its that time of year again where we get to worship bunnies, chocolate and the full moon (Thanks to TC for the cultural references) oh, and sailing while the last of the summer is still with us.

Who's keen on joining our annual Multihulls around Waiheke cruise, starting as usual at either Oneroa or Blackpool (exact location to be confirmed on the subject to wind direction). Second days location to be debated over dinner and drinks.

Sign in here and also PM me your phone details if I haven't already got them so we can keep you informed.

This year we will also feature the inaugural Joysway RC Catamaran Challenge series which if rumours of attendance are correct should have a nice little fleet providing entertainment for all. Estimates at this stage are 6 or 7 of them but could easily be more - Ken, Greer, Bobbo are you guys keen too.

10881850_10202317467417886_7724329719359436713_n.jpg

We are planning on heading out Friday morning.

Will be back in Matiatia sunday morning to pick up friends for a night and home Monday.

Slumming it on a keelboat though, easier with the little one.  Hadn't thought about taking the little cat, but will now 

11016625_10152580818570388_750391966_n.jpg

Hmmm, getting offers and suggestions left, right and centre.  Kauwau, Waiheke or Corromandel? Which would be Cramped Trailer Sailor, Cramped Trailer Sailor or beach cat at Phil's bach...

The weather is looking good, we are planning on getting away Thursday night (now I've fitted the new nav lights), I will text everyone who had expressed interest and also post the likely friday night destination up here during Thursday. 

Any one else out there keen to join in? There must be a few other multi wanting to get some end of season family cruising in.

It looks like Oneroa is the place to meet up Friday afternoon/evening and then decide where we all go the next day over a quiet drink, or two.

We will head to the eastern side of the bay, look out for the usual suspects already rafted up and come and join on. We are expecting lots of families this year and there should be plenty of entertainment for the kids, as well as the adults.

Raftup.jpg

Looking like we might make it in the kids wee boat (wedding tomorrow so doubt Friday will be an early start)

Phil is the big pink think coming out or are you guys heading further southeast?

Archived