Top sides paint time -- what to use?

Very cool, Martin.   Looks like the fairing job paid off and the gloss is great!

After going through all that, what were your final lessons learned with regard to prep, paint and application?

Lessons learned:

1. Longboarding isn't quite as intimidating as I thought, but it is a good thing to be patient and not try to do it all in one go.
  2. From an Altex video I learned about applying tracer paint onto the undercoat before sanding. This really helped.
  3. Keeping the mixed and thinned (20--25% thinner) paint in a bottle and squirting paint into the roller tray as needed to wet the roller ensured consistent viscosity throughout the application.
  4. Don't count on weather being cooperative :-)

/Martin

Now you can do the other side :razz:

Easier said than done since that yellow colour is not part of either International's or Hempel's offering any longer. I have some ideas on where and how to get it but some investigation effort is needed.

/Martin

Their store locator does not feature Scandinavia or even Europe.

I have been told covered lorries are painted using 2-pot polyurethanes like the ones we are used to and you can get any colour you fancy. I will investigate this.

/Martin