Antifoul options

no idea but if you want something that will be very smooth/fast after scrubbing and not be rubbed off every time you clean it then you should consider coppercoat. I would say that many serious racers are cleaning before a race and soft paints will not last long like that.

I tried micron extra, rubbed off too quick. I liked altex #10 and now use ultra. Only changed as a few years ago couldn't get in #10.

If you clean often, get a hard one, if you don't, extra or micron 66 might be the go.

Due to work commitments, I struggle to get to the boat to clean every week, so looking at something towards the softer end of he range

There's a substantial price difference between the extra and the 66. Any cooment on what i get for the higher price of the 66? The promotional blurb is unsurprisingly vague

I understood Micron 66 was being phased out and was being replaced with Micron 77?  I use International Ultra on my 1020 and it seems to last 12-18 months with semi-regular washes.  I inquired about Micron 66/77 and was advised that it would likely last less than the Ultra with how I use it.  Micron 77 was more expensive than the Ultra in a recent quote.

I've got ultra on Euphoria and it cleans up pretty well but does need a wipe down once month at a minimum - ideally fortnightly.

Ballistic has/had coppercoat and I'm thinking of sticking to that.

yes,  we put it on my friends 40 ft cat , Fair Curve, cost around 2k and a weeks work, it needs to be done properly, 7 coats, and no rain for 24 hrs to dry. Was kept in the Tamaki river which is a high fouling area and it performed no worse than anything else up there and it was easy to clean off the slime that builds up. Put on with a roller it gives a very smooth surface , would be nice to be able to make your own, cheaply, but you would probably need to experiment a bit to see if it would work before painting the whole boat.  After a few months there were occasionally 2 or 3 small barnacles but these were not adhering well to the coppercoat and were easily wiped off.  Like you say you are wiping regularly anyway so you might as well have something that will last. The weight on a 8.5 wouldn,t be a lot more than normal antifoul, maybe an extra 1 kg?

TL did you strip the boat right back first or use a tie coat.  Wondering how re applying over original application will go. Just about finished 'de-fouling' and then the decision will be what to do next.

both that is what took so long , the coppercoat guy checked it after a week of our scraping and sanding and said give it a coat of 2pot undercoat, interprotect or similar, he sold us something to do it with.  It has to be basically bare glass or equivalent new paint surface , little traces of old antifoul are not ok.  The rudders got forgotten a bit and coppercoated over not as clean a surface and they started to bubble a bit after a while, they say going over old coppercoat is ok if it is clean, as it is epoxy resin, so you only have to do the hard work once as long as you don,t go back to standard antifoul again.  If i had a new boat I would want to go coppercoat from new. Putting it on took 3 of us a day for the 7 coats, 1 mixing and 2 rolling wet on tacky, looked good when done and felt faster motoring away from the marina. To apply in winter you would need to cover the boat overnight to keep water off or it will wash away before it dries.