Single handed sailing

Cool Change will be there. Not willing to miss races at this early stage of the series. Don't forget the series flags and shirts. Could be something in it for those who remember. Predictwind is looking light and variable at the moment so will probably be blowing dogs off chains by Sunday. Will be good to catch up for a drink afterwards too. See you there.

Lovely weather organised for the weekend. Along with some cool prizes!

Richmond Yacht Club will be hosting the prizegiving and i look forward to seeing you up there for a cold beverage There is some sort of arangement with Westhaven for the use of the event berth for out-of-westhaveners while we all get fed and winners rewarded. Call or e-mail Kate at the office for details.

Solo IQ is organising a few sausages to be thrown on a barbie while we re-cap all of the f@k ups during the race (and I suppose the rugby match...). Make sure that you come dressed in your best SoloIQ colourfull shirt and you may end up getting a bit more than just a sausage! (And i dont mean piece of buttered bread and some tomato sauce, there will be onions too!)

Wild will be there in all of its might and glory! All 23 feet of it! See you at the start line

BJ Tyres Single handed race next Sunday. This a great BBYC event so come and join the fun. The course is a quick sprint from the Motukorea Beacon around Motuihe, up to North Leading Buoy and back to finish.

Sailors with IQ are doing it single handed this summer.

Looks like a few boats are planning to go up the river for the prizegiving!

It feels like it's been far too long between the races in this series! Or my workload has something to do with it...

Looking forward to "church" on Sunday ☺

Although, I will do my very best not to be late for the start this year!

Who else is motoring to Motukorea? Mass starts 1pm

Wahoo - 38 Boats entered for the BJ Tyres single handed race this Sunday! Its gunna be massive!!

Due to the phenomenal entry list we have ammended the sailing instructions to split the mass start into two divisions... - See attached ammendments.

Latest entry list for Sundays BJ Tyres Single Handed -
Open: Pavo, Space Station, B+G Racing, Wishbone, Wild, The Bondi Tram, Lightfoot, Revolution Blues, The Taniwha, Crocodile, Heaven n Hell, Cool Change, Unitec II, Tack Hammer, Voom, Taboo, Clandestine Jet, Elan, Real Deal, Wild Oats.

Restricted: Patiko, Cordite, 9, Yasawa, Mazurka, Solo Company, Communique, Kristina, Bandicoot, Imagine, In the Mood, Big Bickies, Nexus, Rock Lobster, Cosa Nostra, Rigil Kent, Galway Girl

Ammendment.png

Wahoo - 38 Boats entered for the BJ Tyres single handed race this Sunday! Its gunna be massive!!

Due to the phenomenal entry list we have ammended the sailing instructions to split the mass start into two divisions... - See attached ammendments.

Latest entry list for Sundays BJ Tyres Single Handed -

Open: Pavo, Space Station, B+G Racing, Wishbone, Wild, The Bondi Tram, Lightfoot, Revolution Blues, The Taniwha, Crocodile, Heaven n Hell, Cool Change, Unitec II, Tack Hammer, Voom, Taboo, Clandestine Jet, Elan, Real Deal, Wild Oats.

Restricted: Patiko, Cordite, 9, Yasawa, Mazurka, Solo Company, Communique, Kristina, Bandicoot, Imagine, In the Mood, Big Bickies, Nexus, Rock Lobster, Cosa Nostra, Rigil Kent, Galway Girl

Just a minor question... Regarding the maths this time... 

15nm course (more less) and 4 hours to do it means 4.3kts average which will be rather hard in a 23ft boat with 3-5kts of breeze to play with...

What are the chances (and or likelyhood) of shortening the course on the day?