The Original Magic Bus back in New Zealand

I'm glad its not just me that finds this exciting.  

I nearly bought Strawberry Letter when she was recently up for sail simply because MB was coming back.

These are such neat little boats - I'd love to see the 1/4 cup revived (again) with MB in the pool.

www.facebook.com/kwarttonzeilers

Interesting page if like 1/4 tonners

There a nz      www.facebook.com/NZ-14-Tonners-509576052707184     page being set up and the call is to revive the class like overseas.

How can you go past an ior vessel down wind kite up and death rolling and wondering is this going to end in tears??Got in this situation awhile ago,pole squared and down haul on tight main out and she started rolling,FAaark is it going to stop,turned to 1/4 the wind and she stopped,most fun i have had for ages not!

www.facebook.com/kwarttonzeilers

Interesting page if like 1/4 tonners

There a nz      www.facebook.com/NZ-14-Tonners-509576052707184     page being set up and the call is to revive the class like overseas.

How can you go past an ior vessel down wind kite up and death rolling and wondering is this going to end in tears??Got in this situation awhile ago,pole squared and down haul on tight main out and she started rolling,FAaark is it going to stop,turned to 1/4 the wind and she stopped,most fun i have had for ages not!

We used to  strap the spinnaker sheet well fwd to stop the kite oscillating,it certainly helped. When I asked a sailmaker for a quote for a "Bag" recently he said he hadn't  heard that term for a long time and had made nothing but asymmetrics for years. 

Cork photographer Suzanne Ravenhill captured this amazing incident from Cobh waterfront in 2013 when CH Marine Autumn League competitors 'Manzantina' (IRL-2076) with blue and white spinnaker and 'Chancer' (IRL-1583) met in the first race of the Royal Cork league in Cork Harbour. No one was hurt in the incident, according to Suzanne. We understand only a spreader was broken but a thorough rig inspection on both boats is to be carried out.

Amy McCarthy, crew member on 'Chancer', adds:
The incident occurred when Manzanita was on a run towards Chancer who was on a beat. Both boats were on port. As 'Manzanita' was closest to the wind she had to give way to 'Chancer'. 'Manzanita' came up to avoid us but as they passed us they may have heeled over more than expected for the room given; we are unsure. Resulting from this the top of their rigging got caught in the starboard sidestay above the upper spreaders on 'Chancer'.

This resulted in the two boats rotating together in which Manzanita's bow raised up significantly (see photo)and their transom was buried in the water. At this point there was silence as both boats spun together. Manzanita's bow then went across our transom at which Brian Carroll, skipper, had to push it off.

We de-powered our sails and at that point the rigging sprung clear, ripping the sidestay from our spreader. Manzanita's pit was completely immersed in water at which
point the skipper was quickly bailing. All crew were safe and unharmed. Both boats retired from the race. 'Chancer' has had to withdraw from part or all of the league depending on the level of damage done to the rigging. I am unaware of any damage done to 'Manzanita'.

22310534_734870636704655_698115560885008

from 1/4 ton zeilers        facebook