2015 Crew.org Rum Race

Hmm you're probably right.

Just how does one handicap a bog standard gbe with no race history and old pinhead mainsail? How about starting ten minutes before the slowest other gbe? Twenty? I'm thinking we'll probably start alongside Plan B and Sublime? Seems pretty fair considering we're all on a big learning curve and won't have kites on this occasion. Although I wouldn't object to a small head start.

Now, how do I convince them both to join in?

I can put the kite on board for ya one night this week.  Just need to rig the prodder!

Cool! Can you check the rod along the stbd side of the pod too please? It was all but gone last weekend so I temp lashed it, but didn't manage to get up to deal with it this week. Will bring dinghy up this week and try to get out after work to sort it properly.

First, we are still looking for a primary sponsor for a main prize. Anyone interested, or know a company that might be? They get publicity here, and on the night, plus I'll offer 3 months free advert here. Crew.org gets a main prize ( normally $1-2K retail) to give away on the night. Remember that this is one of, if not the largest single race regatta in the country - some 60 odd boats last year, and filled RYC to capacity for the party. It should be attractive to someone?

2nd, here is a couple of pics of the Dancing troop (Mana o Te Hula) that are booked for a show ont he evening, to be followed by Phil and his great music again!

Mana0tehula.jpg

Manaotehula.jpg

A couple of us were discussing this last night - 3 different boats to choose from (2 definite entries and the kids boat 'may' be ready...)

(note to handicapper - it's a big slow old schooner that sails like a real dog).

Lies, all lies  ;-)

Just got confirmation from Westhaven I have a park for the night so BP is in.  (note to handicapper - it's a big slow old schooner that sails like a real dog).

We have records,

I couldn't help but notice in the 99 CC, BP thrashed all the Y11s and E1050s, including Force Eleven and the extremely modified Kick, not to mention one or two other well known slowdogs like Positive Touch, Truxton, Valium ..., my goodness it even beat Suburban Reptile