Windward Sails - are they OK?

Windward Sails. Paid $1360 10 weeks ago and so far just receiving excuses as to when it will arrive. Always next week, now he says it is in transit. With the excuses so far, I'm not sure I believe him, I'd like my money back. 

Anyone here have experience of them?

This post has had a title change and it's language moderated by site moderator.

• Downvote 1

He is no scammer. Might be a tad slow.He's made about 10 sails for me over a great number of years and every one has been outstanding.

Moderator - I deleted the next line after moderating the first post, as it no longer applies

Slight Digression. Crew.org often gets requests to have a supplier rating system, so I let this post stand, but I have edited the title and the language/tone to make it more acceptable. Do not expect me to do this every time.

It is very easy for people who are annoyed to post stuff they may regret later. If you really have any serious problem with a supplier, then the legal system is the redress available. Crew cannot help with that. What Crew can likely do is provide you with others experiences of a particular supplier. Keep the discussions polite and truthful, keep your anger out of it, and it could be a beneficial resource. If not, I'll simply delete the thread.

Matt

Thanks Matt, I don't want to criticise Vic in any way and understand his frustration. My experience is different with Windward.

The reason I commented at all was that he is a one man business and unlike monsters like Spark and Auckland city , who I freely criticise all the time for what they have done and not done to and for me, they're big and can stand it,virtual monopolies.

One man band , not so much.

Murray doesn't have a great reputation for speed, but does built an excellent sail,  once it took 6months to get a code zero but the result was brilliant.  unfortunately his time management needs some work but you will no doubt like the result when it arrives.  10 years ago nearly every boat at bucks was running windward, and I have probably bought 10+ sails from him without getting a bad one, but have seen snails move quicker

• Upvote 1

Everyone who knows Murray, knows his modus-operandi and that is the "price" you pay. As has been noted above several times the end result is worth it.

Just hope my mainsail (the one covering almost the whole loft floor) is ready when I get back to NZ in a couple of weeks........

Guest waikiore2

I have been buying sails off him for the 36 odd years that he has worked for himself, Vic you are lucky my last main and No 1 took seven months. The current order well ... If they weren't so good when they turn up we wouldn't use him.