The B&G Simrad 60 2010 Thread...

Cameron

Ok...

My predicted finish time... 8:30pm

Will be either the last or second to last boat. (SSANZ/RNZYS RIB)

By the way... any competitor planning to finish later than 8:30pm better give me a bottle of Rum to make up for the one I don't win !

Movable lead ballast KM?

We have a very thirsty masthead light.

I know what you're up to....

http://cozywinters.com/shop/heated-pants-701.html

:lol: Miles away. Our gear doesn't need to plug in, they have internal batteries. 5amps to run those strides???? My entire boat doesn't use that much and I'd have to add a pile of stuff before it did.

The batteries are for the bilge pumps, haven't you looked at the forecast?

7 hrs 37 elapsed and 2min 15 ahead of Danaide on corrected :D

Nice try Fish

I didn't know that you were in our div

What?!? Your doing Long Haul now?

At least with some actually wind in the forecast we should be able to keep up with someone

Oh crap. Just heard a 'changing to West 5kts mid afternoon' weather call.

If we have to painfully bash our way to Tiri in 40kts (or even 50 depending who you listen to) and with lots of wet shite falling from above, we better get a fecking good ride after somewhere or we'll be very grumpy. Westerly 5 won't cut the mustard that's for sure.

For Hauraki Gulf and Bream Head to Cape Colville:

.Saturday: Westerly easing to 30 knots gusting 40 knots during the morning then tending northeast in the afternoon. Becoming southwest 15 knots at night. Rough sea becoming slight at night. Poor visibility in rain.

Navy to gannet is going to be one hell of a ride. Go the 20knt barrier!

Oh crap. Just heard a 'changing to West 5kts mid afternoon' weather call.

Windguru forecast suggests the wind should hold in there a bit longer than that. My guess is that we will get a good downwind leg but it will crap out for the beat to the finish. Check out the swell predictions 3-4m!

simrad_60_weather.JPG

Predict wind has two very different forecasts this morning.

One still has the low 20's from N-NE,

The other has us starting in a 4 knt Northerly, clocking to an easterly at about the time we'd round Navy... so on the nose the whole blooooddyy way, and soft, but wtih a lumpy arse swell left over, bonus!

Either way I'm going to use and old Fastnet trick and pack my ski googles. Very reassuring being able to see where your going when its gusting 30 and pissing down :roll: :roll:

Either way I'm going to use and old Fastnet trick and pack my ski googles. Very reassuring being able to see where your going when its gusting 30 and pissing down :roll: :roll:

Good idea! a few hours of trying to wipe the salt off your eyes and they are falling out of their sockets!

I reckon we will beat, pretty much dead maggot to tiri maybe a lay thru on stb for the last bit in a gusty N/NE up to 30+kts then 2 sail to gannet with the wind on the beam or maybe even forward of the beam sometimes, then a run in a lightening breeze with some gusty/squally stuff from the north, then a lotery for an hour followed by a light beat to the finish.

Archived