The B&G Simrad 60 2010 Thread...

Cameron

... and don't forget MetVUW currently has the rain hosing down through 6pm.

I'll guess at a nice round 9 hours on Drums. Hard work upwind, good progress rolling across to Gannet then softening & who knows where on the way home.

That is, if I don't hit the snooze button and "forget" to pick the skipper up.

I like the idea of it softening having noticed no change to a PHRF Cert or 2.

We have a protest flag aboard, it's fully loaded and the safety is set to Off :twisted:

So who's bailed due to the forecast? I do notice a few boats will be missing due to being rigless and a few things still. I hope they don't miss some screamer rides.

Be honest, Smithy, you were hoping he would have a shocker of a race and accept your generous offer to take "all those problems" off his hands. :lol:

Best of luck all. :thumbup:

Well I'm up here as close as you can get to Tiri Channel and not be in a boat or the Army. Pissing rain and NO WIND. Wind.co.nz has a 2 kt N at Tiri at 9.58. I'm glad I'm inside.

Yup, the neighbours palm tree fronds have just started to move - maybe 1 kt up here approx 60 metres above sea level. I can't see the sea from here at all - and yes I usually can. DT if you saw 4 kts was the that the storm front moving through?

I don't mind getting wet if it's a good ride (I was trying to prise AA off the couch and go out to take photos yesterday), but going slow while water drips down the back of your neck is the worst form of sailing.

Archived