Couple looking to Crew/Cost share late FEB.

Hello,

I do know if this is the best place to post this but I have to start somewhere, any suggestions on a better place to get my message out there would be appreciated. 

My GF and I are in the starting phase of planning a trip to NZ in late FEB early MAR and we would welcome the opportunity to do a cruise as a portion of our trip. I am looking for an alternative to doing a bareboat charter and am open to all suggestions to get some water time. We are open to the location or the timing of a cruise at this place in the planning process. We are both moderately experienced boaters in our early 50's and I think most folks would say we are fun to be around. We like to snorkel, fish and are fairly active folks. We both can cook or do other crew type duties. My GF has owned her own boat on lake Michigan for the last 10 years and has crewing experience. I recently retired from the US Coast Guard and spent 20 years in Alaska where I also owned my own commercial salmon trolling boat. I have held a masters of near coastal license for up to 100 gross tons but that is currently in limbo as I am not using it.  I have a lot of marine mechanical, deck and navigational experience but have not sailed in years. So if you have a trip planned and could use help with crew or expenses or are just starting to put something together please keep us in mind. I looking fwd to swapping AK stories for NZ stories over a cold beer, some fresh seafood and a water view.

Thanks for your time viewing this and feel free to contact me at rsteffco@gmail.com

Rick

OK over 100 views and no response so I'm starting to think I have this posted in the wrong area Anyone have a suggestion for a better place to post this? I get into AKL on the 15th of FEB and lv from AKL 2 weeks later.  Enjoy your Christmas...

I'm surprised and sorry to hear that you've had no response. I'd thought kiwi sailors'd be more hospitable thaN that.

Id be keen to take you for a few days in the sunny bay of plenty. It's 3 hours drive south of Auckland. My baby is a 30 footer. We mainly race her so it is fairly Spartan but comfortable enough for 4. I'm the worst fisherman in the known world, so can't promise any seafood unless we stop at a fish shop somewhere. There's a beautiful island about 4 hours sail away or some equally beautiful islands about a day sail.

Personal message me if you want to pursue it.

Steffco, the issue if likely to be the vague times, and the fact that most kiwis have just had their main holidays and will be back at work. If you want a few days in the Hauraki gulf, I'm sure we could do a weekend, even a long weekend. Seng me a pm if you're keen. Matt