and we are off.

Shanson just txt me and said he didn't see us in the news. That's good. No evidence. As Bart Simpson said "nobody saw me do it, no one can prove a thing" ;-)

By the way, i said Lone Star, it was actually the Wharf Restaurant. Loan Star is on the other end and still open for business tonight. I think they are having specials on any of the "smoked" dishes tonight.

Part 2....or 3.....or whatever we are upto. We are squaring things away right now and should be ready to push off at about 10AM. The weather is looking good, providing we are not too fast to Palliser. We need to be there ruffly no sooner than 11PM Friday evening, as a horrendous NW is howling out of the Strait. It dies quickly and goes a light SE and SE should take us right across the Strait to reach Tory at around 7AM Saturday Morning. Low Tide at Tory is 7.30AM and we thus get a rising tide to take us up Tory channel to Home.
I do have a slight concern.This all seems far to easy and I have triple checked to make sure I have not made a mistake and I can't see one, so if someone see's anything glaringly obvious, let me know. I have worked Time/Distances on an average speed and it is highly possible conditions may allow us to go faster if we want, but I don't want to be at Palliser any earlier than 11PM (based on todays weather prediction and subject to change of course) because of the howling NW. So if that looks likely, we will slow down somewhat somewhere along the way.

Safe sailing Wheels team. The beautiful destination is worth the effort!

On the bright side for those further north -  in Akl we look as tho we have 3 days of light winds and (mostly) sunshine coming up.

Yeehah - and about bloody time!

hmmm....

don't be in any hurry to get round palliser saturday

this morning it looks like the pressure out west

has delayed the funny little calm air bubble, front?

from moving up until sunday 1am

17 sun 1am.jpg

they should still be up there in the quiet, blue, air bubble off the coast

palliser, as forecast, pretty ugly all today

15 fri 9am.jpg

just needs that little quiet air window off kaikoura

to keep moving north

unfortunately not due to get there until sunday now 

Ive found White Rock is a great place to be in a NW screamer, Really good holding but windy anchorage  on the right hand side of the white rock.

Spent a few nights there many a time after a hard NW reach down the coast.  Never dragged  even in 50  gusting 70 ish and  1 metre wind "Chop" coming off the beach.  - Danforth 10 mtr chain and warp 

There was a 1 meter wind  chop only cause we had to anchor a long way out so we wouldnt get dumped on the beach by the 3 mtr southerly swell that had picked up. The southerly did arrive next day which gave an nice sail to Wellington

Good Fun