Installation of Garmin GPS

I am looking for recommendations for someone who has and / or can instal a Garmin GPS and Fishfinder I have recently purchased. If anyone has experience or knows someone who has I would be grateful for recommendations.

I am Auckland based at Westhaven.

I would have thought there would have been someone at Westhaven that could help you Grazer.

Any Marine Sparky there?

Do you need the transducer mounted through hull?? The sparky should be able to either do that or tee someone up to be able to do it. But the boat would need to be lifted out. A lift and hold should be long enough to get a transducer through.

If I was up there i could help you. But I ain't..so I can't.

Hi again Grazer. I know of one crowd called Electronics Afloat. They're close to Westhaven. What I don't know is what they're like. I had work done by them on my previous boat but that was 12 years ago so i doubt there's any relevance to today.

A quick squizz at the Marine Industry Association website throws this up.

https://secure.zeald.com/nzmarine/resul ... =electrics

Good luck!

Hi again Grazer. I know of one crowd called Electronics Afloat. They're close to Westhaven. What I don't know is what they're like. I had work done by them on my previous boat but that was 12 years ago so i doubt there's any relevance to today.

A quick squizz at the Marine Industry Association website throws this up.

https://secure.zeald.com/nzmarine/resul ... =electrics

Good luck!

EAL, good people :thumbup:

Or do it your self

Not hard, the red wire goes to a switchy thing on the back of the switch board and the black wire to the buzz bar with all the other black wires

Then the transducer just saw a 50mm hole next time your out

bobs your uncle fannys your granny

I did mine, it only gets a bit tricky if your hull is a soft core.

The instructions in the box are pretty good.

And I'm only a dumb dairy cocky.

Archived