2016 Marsden Cove Route 66 - Fri 4 March

Did I request company? I think that was for kawau night race return journey. Got a crew lined up for trip home from marsden thankful. Bloody long return journey by yourself on a GBE!

???????????? nope that'd be me gettin' my wires crossed again! Ran some halyards back in the mast yesterday - hope I didn't cross those!

Enjoy the race - yup long way - stay safe!

Did I request company? I think that was for kawau night race return journey. Got a crew lined up for trip home from marsden thankful. Bloody long return journey by yourself on a GBE!

Having numbers on board doesn't always make it easier if the others are suffering the effects of a big night. They always seem to come good at about North Head though

Having numbers on board doesn't always make it easier if the others are suffering the effects of a big night. They always seem to come good at about North Head though

For sure. Got that one solved though, crew is being dropped off in the morning on Saturday.

Any support for starting the solo multis with the open multis instead of the keelboats? Could still use elapsed times for line and handicap placings for the soloiq series. Would ease pressure on the start line and add a couple boats to the multi fleet. Just a thought...

Countdown to 50. 28 entrants. 22 to go!

We've got a great finishing line sail bag courtesy of Sail IQ for every entrant.

Plus spot prizes from Burnsco for the prize giving.

And don't forget there will also be an event for returning boats at Kawau Boating Club on the Saturday ...details to follow. 

We'll organise your berth at Marsden Cove so get your entry in!

route 66 2016.png

sail IQ.png

burnsco-card.png

Route-One small.jpg

Another 20 hours of motoring behind me,one day hoping to actually sail the whole way.Boat is hiding in Westhaven and have ordered a SW at 10 to 12 knots for Friday.so you light weights cant get away. :thumbup:

Did you come down from the boi? I saw you Sunday morning in Bon accord (stockyard bay?). I was on the y88, Youngblood. We motored from opua to a bit south of tuts, but had an excellent sail from there to kawau.

as of wed. morn

winds looking like 13kn from the east at start

then slowly dropping to 7kn from the east by midnight

then rising back to 9kn from the east by the finish at 7am sat.

A little birdy tells me we have 59 entries... are you going to be the 60th.... go on you know you want to!!! Especially given the Wednesday morning forecast from our sponsor PredictWind below.

Plus check out the pics of the great finishing bags SailIQ have provided (filled with goodies like Route 66 'juice') - the black ones are for finishing fully crewed boats, the other for those in the Route 1 Single Handed Division.

Looks like beautiful weather this year - get your entries in by 5PM tonight!

Keep in mind that we are 2 days out so conditions can change. Starting from near Westhaven at 9am We have a light ESE breeze of around 6 knots. Once out of the harbour the breeze will fill in, building to around 13 knots mid morning. As the day progresses we are expecting about 15 knots as the breeze builds it goes EAST, with the possibility of ENE later in the day.

We have run the weather route for a Young 88. The weather router shows a rhumb line course for all 4 weather models we have and a race time of approx. 9 hours for a Young 88.

Below are the weather route pic and the wind map at 1pm Friday.

For more great weather and routing information, go to:http://www.predictwind.com/

SH gear bag route 66.jpg

fully crewed gear bag route 66.jpg

Kawau is a traditional stop on the trip home from the Route 66 so we've teamed up with the Kawau Boating Club to have a club night ashore Saturday. 
KBC have also given us some great spot prizes for Route 66 so you might come back with even more reason to pop in than the great facilities on shore.
Join us for a casual dinner and an opportunity to share race tales. RSVPs appreciated but not essential.

Last update I had was 66 entries!

Route 66 Return via Kawau.jpg