2016 Marsden Cove Route 66 - Fri 4 March

I finished sometime after 3am. It was pretty painful with anyone's guess as to what was coming next. Won some and lost some. Lost a lot to the other big boats right at the finish where I sat out there for another few hours. Still very glad I did it. Learnt a lot about the boat and challenged myself. Rum fest after finishing then a long motor home with Faster Coyote towing behind and Nathan and Col on board with me. Well done to anarchy and gale force.

Was certainly a mentally taxing race, the second of many park ups off the end of Kauwau was the worst. Managed to hook in to a land breeze off Bream tail which finally got me in to the finish after 4 a.m. panicked a bit going into the harbour and dropped the kite to early which cost me about half an hour.

The Hospitality after the race was the best I ever. A big effort to organise a marina berth for every boat not to mention the gear bag with a bottle of Mt Gay for every boat.

and still trying to find results?  With only 18 finishers does someone remember so they can share maybe?

Or was there too much rum after the finish perhaps...can't remember?!

Hi all,

You can find the results here:

http://richmondyc.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/R66-2016.pdf

On handicap:

A1 division - 1st Spearhead, 2nd Truxton, 3rd Provincial Cowboy (of 5 finishers)

A2 division - Fast Coyote, Predator (of 2 finishers)

B1 division - Gale Force, Anarchy, Space Station (8 finishers)

B2 division - no finishers

M division - Superbad, 2 out of 10, Pulse

Check out our facebook shots for some great pics of the start and a few of the weekend that followed.

Hi all,

You can find the results here:

http://richmondyc.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/R66-2016.pdf

On handicap:

A1 division - 1st Spearhead, 2nd Truxton, 3rd Provincial Cowboy (of 5 finishers)

A2 division - Fast Coyote, Predator (of 2 finishers)

B1 division - Gale Force, Anarchy, Space Station (8 finishers)

B2 division - no finishers

M division - Superbad, 2 out of 10, Pulse

Check out our facebook shots for some great pics of the start and a few of the weekend that followed.

Also on the RYC Facebook Site:

https://www.facebook.com/RichmondYachtClub/

Check it out, like the page, come sailing with us!

Finish times for catabatic and gale force are not quite right. Both were a bit later than the results indicate.

Yeah, Superbad sailed a great race. As did anarchy. Those boats (and 2 of 10) were a long way ahead of the rest of us.

Finish times for catabatic and gale force are not quite right. Both were a bit later than the results indicate.

Hmmm.  And Provincial Cowboy (us) finished an hour earlier than that time shown - as the tracker will show we finished just before 12.50am, a reasonable period ahead of Titanium.  Which I think will change the handicap results quite a bit....

Titanium finished seconds in front of me (Voom) 1:20ish is what I recall, so I think my time of 1:22 must be about right.

Yes that sounds right - I don't think we on PC were an hour ahead of Titanium, more like half an hour.

And looking at the tracker, Gale Force shows to be finishing at around 1:48a.m. (but showing as 1:22a.m. in the results).

http://forecast.predictwind.com/tracking/race/ryc

Weird

I ( Gale Force)  Finished a minute or so ahead of Truxton who is shown to finish at 01:53:31.  so my guess is around 1:52 am . Don't think this changes the single handed results but sure is confusing. 

I ( Gale Force) Finished a minute or so ahead of Truxton who is shown to finish at 01:53:31. so my guess is around 1:52 am . Don't think this changes the single handed results but sure is confusing.

It changes the line result...

Sorry folks - RYC and OYC are aware of issues with the results for the Route 66. We are working to resolve the reported errors in the finish times. In the meantime please note that any posted results to date are provisional.

RYC will be contacting all skippers regarding their finish observations. If you would like to help, please email these to info@richmondyc.org.nz

Thanks for your patience while we tracked down and corrected a few errors in the results - now done and all affected skippers have been contacted. 

Congrats to Provincial Cowboy and crew - they sailed a great race and deserve their win. And with due apologies to Spearhead and Truxton for the error, we remain impressed with your results in such difficult conditions!

Full results are posted on the RYC website. Thanks for racing, and we hope to see you in 2017!

Podium Results for the 2016 Marsden Cove Marina Route 66!

Division A1 (Open Keelers Higher Handicap)

Line Provincial Cowboy
1st Provincial Cowboy
2nd Spearhead
3rd Truxton

Division A2 (Open Keelers Lower Handicap)
Line Faster Coyote
1st Faster Coyote
2nd Predator

Division B1 (Open Singlehanded)
Line Anarchy - Andrew Reid
1st Gale Force - Craig Fraser
2nd Anarchy - Andrew Reid
3rd Space Station - Carey Shelley

Division B2 (No Extras Singlehanded)
(no finishers)

Division M (Open Multihulls)
Line 2 of 10
1st Superbad
2nd 2 of 10
3rd Pulse XTC

First to cross the line was 2 of 10.

These boats also finished the race before the cutoff and are congratulated: Heaven'n'Hell, Berenice, Sunfast 3600 Racing, Voom, Catabatic, Titanium, and RnB

http://richmondyc.org.nz/racing/info/route66-coastal-race/