boat change

well that's the old boat a 1988 john shuttleworth advantage 43 x 28 ft. Foam sandwich single daggerboard and claimed weight of 4000 kg empty and 7000 loaded. built in England and was in France ,USA and Australia at various times before I brought her into NZ, There is still an old ad on the net under shuttleworth catamaran Josephine that has all the details if you are interested.  I was able to price it fairly well and it was pretty much sold within a week. The new owner is very happy . The new cat we are looking at is 10 ft shorter and 6 ft less beam. will put up a photo in a few weeks once everything is finalised.

We had an easy crossing last September, direct from Bundaberg to Opua, pretty much fair winds all the way although with no autopilot and 2 up it was no holiday , plus it was so hot when we left that I didn,t even have much in the way of good wet weather gear and only found a set on the boat after we arrived.   We bought it pretty much as we sold it , no  survey and no sea trial and the first time we were on it either sailing or motoring was a few days before the crossing which was a pretty good seatrial.

Yes after owning TL Systems the new owner of Carpe Vita was most interested in the fact that the Shuttleworth will not be susceptible to rot!  And we seem to both be happy with both deals.

You know the saying that the best 2 days of boat ownership are the day you buy it and the day you sell it,Well I must be addicted to that,and maybe get a bit bored with the same boat [ADHD?] even though I always think that this next boat will be a keeper, just the Shuttleworth was a bit more boat than I need at the moment, and the new one will do everything I need in a smaller package, and I can still get the wife a campervan.

Is this modern composite Multihulls or ancient history we are discussing?? Do you mean the boat is 13m x 8.5m? Oh I see the weight is in modern units! 

well that's the old boat a 1988 john shuttleworth advantage 43 x 28 ft. Foam sandwich single daggerboard and claimed weight of 4000 kg empty and 7000 loaded. b

Yes thats exactly what I mean but I,m smart enough to be able to be bi lingual in my measurements  , I,m 6ft 1 and 85kg , even young surfers call the surf  8ft waves but a 2.4 m swell,2 eggs on toast for tea thats leaves 10 still in the dozen tray.Just relax and go with the 6 knot tide , hey shouldn,t that be 10 km/hr. Don,t fight it .it really doesn,t matter. :thumbup:

Here in the US, I have to have both Standard and Metric tools handy.  Our domestic vehicles often contain a mix of fasteners.  All things household are Standard. 

Knowing the audience on this forum, I shift gears into metric mode.  

It is helpful that we share "knots."  Fortunately with this crowd, we have plenty of them!

Spvcxkkb.jpg

Got our new boat back to Auckland from Tauranga yesterday, ended up with a very tidy Wharram Tiki 38. with a good alloy sloop rig and reasonable sails she actually sails quite well even upwind without boards or keels, not like a GBE but not a dog either, will look at a few additions and changes over the next year or so, such as changing the outboards for 4 strokes, a hard bimini with sort sides, and a prod and code zero.