Crew Wanted - New Caledonia to Auckland - early-mid May: Filled 8/4/16

Hi,

Last October, I went up with an experienced skipper (crew's own Matt Paulin - Island Time) and another experienced crew member to bring my Sadler 32 back to NZ.  We ran out of time and the boat got wet, so we left it in Noumea. Details of the first trip here: http://crew.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic/12487-wannabe-offshore-cruiser-lessons-from-port-vila-to-noumea/

I went up with my kids in January and had a great couple of weeks on it.  Now I want to bring it back.

Am aware that it is more usual for the passage to be done in October/November, but that doesn't fit my domestic situation.

In the meantime, I've had new bimini sides made and fitted, and among other things, I've installed 2nd screen for panasonic toughbook nav station in the cockpit and got the wind vane operation sorted, so the voyage should be more comfortable than the first attempt.

Matt Paulin is available and up for the return trip, and now I'm looking for 3rd person with suitable experience. With my lack of experience, 3 is the right number. Plan is to keep an eye on the weather an head up as soon after May 4 as the weather looks right.

Boat info attached. Owner pays for flights and negotiable remuneration based on days/miles.  Obviously not a walk in the park on a small boat, but a bit more fun too.

Cheers,

Sean

021 646628

Admetus Sadler32 Handout.pdf

admetus.jpg

Hi Sean and Matt

I am keen on this trip but not sure whether my experience levels would be sufficient for your requirements, but just by way of a quick background I have owned Tandara, a Raven 26 for just gone two years now and most of my sailing on her  has been in the confines of Wellington Harbour but have made 4 return trips across Cook Strait in the  variety of conditions that the strait can toss up! Much of the sailing I have done has been singlehanded with 4 of the Strait crossings being solo.  My Longest trip was Tandara's delivery from Nelson.

Obviously I don't have loads of experience especially in Blue Water, but everyone has got to start somewhere!

Anyway, If you are still looking for someone and would like to talk further just let me know.

Cheers

Jeff

Jeff, Maybe. Sean will contact you.

Unfortunately I have a change of plan. I've been waiting since October to see an Orthopedic surgeon to fix a problem with my right hand. Of course it has turned out that this is going to happen on 5th May, after which I'll be one handed for a while while the thing heals. This means I can no longer do this trip. This is no refection on Sean at all, or his boat, it's just one of those things. Having waited so long to get my hand fixed, I'm very reluctant to put it off - might be Christmas before I got another booking!

Sean has a couple of options, and will be talking to other respondents, but if anyone else is up for the Skipper's job, it is available.

Again Sean, sorry to stuff you around, please accept my appologies, but I've explained the situation and it's really beyond my control.

Best of luck for the passage, please keep us up to date on here.

Cheers

Matt