New Farrier Cat

I get those arguments, but only if you are restricted by one measurement. If you were designing  boat that had to fit in a 12m berth or a measurement rule. But if you are designing a boat without restrictions then why not just make it 1m longer with a real bow that will be drier, have more reserve buoyancy, an easier deck to walk around on and probably a little more volume below?

I can see an advantage for a tri like TW in that when the main hull lifts, the deck of the ama is very close to the water. pinching the top would provide less chance of doing the big endo if you stuck it under, as there's no big flat surface to resist the water.

For a racing cat I guess it's less weight and windage, as mentioned above.

For a cruising cat (or tri) I'm with BP. What's the point? It just makes a 45 foot boat a bit smaller. Kinda like the tumblehome on those old IOR boats.

In a performance boat you don't necessarily want more reserve buoyancy. If the bow goes in, you don't a big brake of a deck or massive bow to stop you. Cutting 'through' waves rather than bouncing over is another way of looking at it.