33' cruising cat Tarkus from the 70's?

as above, anyone remember an 11m cat called Tarkus,  foam sandwich hulls with glass over ply cabin. Built in the late 70's and then a major rig + rudder update in the early 80's? 

A bit more sleuthing and the second owner was Barry Smith, and from one of the crew I tracked down a great quote "we only sank it once when we blew a centre case up and the ocean came in. luckily we had time to run it up on eastern beach at high tide, waited until low tide and all the water had drained out, clamped it all shut then sailed it back to Herne bay to fix it" - awesome!!

There seems to be a similarity in the design of the bridgedeck cabin between the Tarkus and this boat currently on TM 

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/yachts/multihull/auction-1029722376.htm

Which also seems similar to another boat called Harry D for sale a while ago.............

Anyone know if there is a connection - history of the boats etc.

BDC1.jpg

BDC2.jpg

Just saw this enquiry regarding Tarkus. Last time I saw this cat was in St Omer Polurous  Sounds. Was owned by Ron Mann who sailed her from Auckland mid/late 80's to Paremata Harbour. Wellington. I crossed Cook Strait on her several times sailing the Sounds. A very quick vessel. If Ron hasn't sold her may be still on the hard at St Omers Bay.