Boat builder issues - Auckland

We discussed an issue here quite sometime back. I can't remember who it was involved now. But if you are reading this, can you contact me via PM please. And anyone else that may have had an issue.
I won't bring up names here. I need to get as much info as possible for a real decent story to be put together,
I have a close friend that has had major problems with this builder dude and my friend needs info to make a case to take to Fair Go. Yet again the name of the business has changed and sounds like it may change even yet again, as this guy is about to do another runner..

My friend has had work done in his cockpit that is atrocious and cost a fortune and is totally unusable. My friend went through the same kind of arguments and threats that have happened in the past with others, but this time my mate won a court order for the boat to be released and the work to be fixed. But it hasn't been fixed and they guy is clearing out and leaving my mate in a real pickle.

At this point I have conflicting info from each side of this argument, and threats of action if untrue statements/posts are made.  I am not about to be judge or jury. Please do not mention any business or personal names in this thread. If you are interested in it, please PM wheels.

I will lock the thread if required.

I do not want to name, as I am third party. I don't know both sides of the story, so that would not be fair. I am just wanting the person that we had the discussion last time with and I will connect him with my friend. If he is reading this, I think he will know the builder I am talking about.

Have been in touch with the guy you are after Wheels. He's more than happy to get in touch and is trying to "re energise' his crew.org login to PM you. His case has been settled through the court (not totally satisfactorily) and he feels that as it has been dealt with, privacy issues etc. no longer reply. He will still respect Island Times requests though.

The two sides to every story still applies. The boatbuilder also says he won the case, and has not been paid as per the court result. Wheels mate says he won the case. Can't both be right I wouldn't think.

Only those involved know whats really going on here. I'm not interested in subjecting crew.org to potential legal issues when the case is very unclear.

That's all.

• Upvote 1

So if I post here on Crew Wheels is 'transitioning' to become Alana Jenner as he's pissed of Caitlyn looks way better than him in an evening gown and Wheels doesn't like that he can go you?

Not sure there is a Surgeon out there with the necessary skills to do that kind of surgery. ;-)

Have been in touch with the guy you are after Wheels. He's more than happy to get in touch and is trying to "re energise' his crew.org login to PM you. His case has been settled through the court (not totally satisfactorily) and he feels that as it has been dealt with, privacy issues etc. no longer reply. He will still respect Island Times requests though.

Big T, what I will do is when I get home tonight, I will PM you the name and number for my mate and you can pass that on to your fellow. They can contact themselves.

Im bacccck!

Sorry about the delay in replying, I have some "senior" issues with remembering my pass word!

Ok, I'm not sure if Wheel's friend is having an issue the same boatbuilder that I did, but I strongly suspect so.

I have had some serious b*llshit happen with a guy called XXXX, who ran xxxxx Boat builders.

There was a thread at the time.... see http://crew.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic/6955-name-and-shameupdate/?hl=boat+builder&do=findComment&comment=100957

It got really ugly, My boat was ARRESTED and it ended up going through the high court .

It cost me heaps to defend his b*llsh*t claims but at least it cost him at over 100k in lawyers etc, to try and screw me.

See http://www.maritimelaw.co.nz/blog-item/286/ as reference.

This guy is TOXIC, I am aware of, and can give names of a LOT of people that have been ripped off by him.

He has been in court more times than I've had hot dinners and appears to have his own seat in the courthouse!

His antics are not only recent, but date back many years.

It is time for someone to finally bring this a**hole out into the public and protect the boating public from his antics.

feel free to PM me, and I can help anyone that has issues with this guy.

I WOULD LOVE TO HELP!