Wednesday race

ScottiE

I'll give it a crack Mr Squidly. Knot like I don't have a shite load of paperwork to catch up on... bugger.

That's the date isn't it Scottie or is it some cryptic start time?

10.02.2010 (10.02.2010 @ 09:46)

3 hours must be allowed between the lowering of the AP, ?postponed? flag ashore and the warning signal to commence the race countdown.

and

News | Interviews

On Hold

The postponement flag went up ashore just before 0900hrs and so both Alinghi 5 and BMW ORACLE remain on standby at their bases awaiting a further decision from the Race Committee.

Three hours must be allowed between the lowering of the AP, ‘postponed’ flag ashore and the warning signal to commence the race countdown.

Race officer Harold Bennett explained that this morning’s postponement is principally due to the leftover seas kicked up by the strong northerly breezes of yesterday and last night.

Harold Bennett (NZL) Principal Race Officer:

“ There is breeze outside but it it’s not so much the wind it is the leftover wave out there which could be the problem. But we have to go out and look at it.”

“ We have two forecasts. One is saying we will have an offshore breeze, another is saying an onshore breeze and there could show some convergence on that. We will have to wait and see.”

“During the practice races we had conditions which were OK, but today we have conditions which are different again.”

I am off to bed - the alarm is set for 1am.

Im going to be waiting for it again, was up till 2 for the last one. Only have to fly up to wellington tomorrow. At least theres some wind this time. It seems they are mainly worried about the varying direction though. Westerly out in the middle and north east closer to shore.

Yawn... why don't they just get a couple of lawyers in row boats to scoot around the harbour. No waiting for wind, no swell forecast just the slap slap of indictments and judgments.

Somebody wake me for the Highlights or re runs...

Yawn... why don't they just get a couple of lawyers in row boats to scoot around the harbour. No waiting for wind, no swell forecast just the slap slap of indictments and judgments.

Somebody wake me for the Highlights or re runs...

You can't do that.

All the lawyers are on holiday . . this week . . . spending all the fees they earned . . . justified or knot!! :twisted:

Oh no. Just got up to read they have postponed again!

What happened to the judges ruling about wind? I seem to recall something about no wind limits . . . :silent:

And a hard question :) - if BMWO can do 22kt in 2kt true wind speed, then why can they not race if the wind speed is over 2kt? :P

Haha - while I am asking questions - one from the boss - aka helm monkey - why do BMWO need three hulls when they only plan on sailing on one? :? Surely two would be more than enough!! :roll: (dont get me wrong - I am enamoured with the tri).

I will just have to hope for a late start on Friday - working until 23:15, can be home by 23:40 if I am lucky - you think I have a chance? :problem:

Ms

Can MS install an alarm on Crew?

We all take turns at staying up while the rest sleep. When something happens the watch keeper can push the button to wake the rest of us up again.

And a hard question :) - if BMWO can do 22kt in 2kt true wind speed, then why can they not race if the wind speed is over 2kt? :P Ms

Does this mean in 12 knots breeze they'll be doing 32 knots, or 132 knots? :think:

If it's the latter, that could be an issue.

Archived