SSANZ Safety at Sea Triple Series

SSANZ Safety at Sea Two Handed Triple Series 2016

Want to challenge yourself ? Join in on New Zealand's biggest Two Handed Series. With 3 races spaced approximately one month apart and courses to cater for all sizes of keelboat (and multihulls) SSANZ has come up with a successful formula that just gets better every year. The Safety at Sea Two Handed Triple Series is a must do event. So Download the Notice of Race, Enter online, organise a crew and come join the fun !

Major Sponsor Safety at Sea is back for another year along with NZ Spars and Rigging and Evolution Sails. Please support the sponsors!

The sponsors are putting up a Major Spot Prize! to be drawn from competitors that complete all races and radio scheds, attend briefing and the Prizegiving.

This year all Series Entries include 2 free tickets to the Prizegiving.

Note Prizegiving Tickets are not transferable

Important dates to mark in your calendar are:

Race 1 NZ Spars and Rigging 60 9th July

Race 2 Evolution Sails 100 6th August

Race 3 Baltic 50 3th September

Prizegiving 23rd September at RNZYS

Entry details at www.ssanz.co.nz

I see that the Y88's and F1020's have their own start and generally do the shorthaul course, i.e. for the 50 and 60 they do shorthaul.

For the 100, they do the small boat course, substantially shorter than the shorthaul course

Is that a typo / error?

Or is this stocking the 88's verse Ross boats argument and the 88's can't handle the jandal?

For the other shorthaul boats, the 88's and 1020's make up a good number of boats to play with. It would be a shame they do a different course for the 100.

Some 1020's and 88's are still planning on doing the Shorthaul div but the 1020/88 div is following discussions after the Anzac race and in response from owners wanting to play as a group and struggling to find crew for the 100, anyone serious about doing something longer in the future should be looking at doing the longest possible option, but the thinking behind these changes is to get the highest possible participation

The other major change is that Cat 3 is now only required by the longhaul fleet and only for the 100

No reason for anyone to not be there now.

As Jon says we are working with the classes and associations to try and put on races they want to do and encourage more boats to get out there. Yes it does take some boats out of the Shorthaul 100 but they not racing in the same division anyway. 

Another big change this year, we are keeping the same order of 60, 100, 50 so the shortest race last but then finishing at Islington Bay to allow boats to stop for a raft up or what ever they want to do. So get your friends to bring their boats out too and lets make a night of it.

Everyone is welcome to raft to the Sun Fast for the after party! 

If you put the rafts in the shallows on the sides you should be able to walk from Rangi to Motutapu

Make sure you leave room in the centre for the committee boat thou

• Upvote 1

Soooo just about to enter Shorthaul Div2 as according to the SSANZ notice of race that's the division a Ross 830 should be in, thought I'd have a look at what other 830's are doing the series and found that they are both in Smallboat 2.

Along with them are E770 and E7.9. I'm torn now as I have gone and spent money on a PHRF cert and geared up for the longer races which if I go and race Smallboat with the other equal-ish boats to mine will have been a waste, but if I go into the suggested class we won't see which way the Sportsboats went!

Limited sail wardrobe, large chillybin and decent stereo.... Which class should we enter?

Have just put an entry for the big white bus.... hopefully Gary has finished the mount for autopilot ram by the weekend. I suspect we might be doing the instrument calibration and AP setup on the way out to the start though!

Nigel, Just enter in the small boat div, you should fit nicely in there.

KM, what on earth were you doing trying to enter a Ross 930 in the small boat division! Stay in the shorthaul sports div where all good 930s should be!

Entries close tonight so make sure you get it in ASAP.