Sailor Lost Overboard

The good thing about actually meeting people in person is you can smack them in the chopps when they start mouthing off a bout shite they actually no nothing about. Unlike here, sadly.

Leave it alone Phil.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm all for learning from other's experiences but while there are virtually zero facts known, this is nothing more than offensive dribble with no benefit whatsoever.

People are trying to deal with the fact they have lost family and mates here - unbelievable.....

I invented crotch straps.

I find that laughable.

As for the rest of regurgitated dribble of a post, I think it is really bad sport and bordering on offensive in places. The personal comments are unjustified, not accurate and not needed. My vote is I would like to see that post either cleaned up, or removed completely.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Tug boat reaches yacht Platino

Friday, 17 June 2016 - 2:29pm

Auckland City

The tug boat Sea Pelican is now towing the stricken yacht Platino back to Auckland after reaching the yacht around 8.35am this morning, north of New Zealand.

Auckland City District Police Operations Manager Inspector Vaughn Graham says that around 1pm the Sea Pelican began towing the yacht back to Auckland.

“The yacht appears to be in a reasonable condition. At this stage we can’t say what the expected arrival time back to New Zealand will be as it’s all weather dependent,” says Inspector Graham.

“Formal identification is yet to take place however Police believe the body of the man recovered and on board Platino is that of Nick Saull.

We also believe the man reported missing overboard is that of Steven (Steve) Forno, 53-years-old from Devonport.

Mr Graham says Police are now investigating the circumstances of Mr Saull’s death on behalf of the Coroner.

“This is obviously a very difficult time for the families of both men and they have asked that media respect their privacy at this difficult time.”

No further information is available at this time.

Ends

Kim Chambers 021 911 967 / NZ Police