makeing a little fire place out off a little gas bottle for next winter.

Guest shane

Guest shane

Berths cost so much. Need heat any ideas on how two stop the boat from getting black mould And getting all damp in the winter summer time is fine though. Anyone know any ideas on how two keep the boat warm.

Guest shane
:) would anyone know how two make a little fire place. Would someone please be able two help make me one for next winter. I can pay them two make me one. :)

Not just consume oxygen, but you have to consider the thing in a very small space. How do you keep a safe area around it? How do you stoke it and not have a hot ember fall out? How do you get the Flue through the cabin top safely and water tight. The Flues for all these types of heaters are stupid expensive. Not saying it can't be done, because it has, but you have to consider all the issues.
Now go search for a post by ChrisC. He built one and it looks great. I am sure you could copy it.

Very happy with my kerosene heater. It's still not in the boat but in my workshop where it raises the temperature sufficiently so that I can use summer hardener in epoxy for a boatbuilding project currently underway.

If the OP has his heart set on a wood or coal burning heater then I would recommend going to www.faymarine.com, then sub heading 'boat plans.'

There is a free fully detailed set of plans for a wood burner made from a piece of heavy wall steel box section.

It's a lovely little heater and I was very tempted to build it but I don't think it is suitable for the smaller boat. Apart from the stowage problems associated with solid fuels, pressurised fuels (gas, kero,) only require a chimney sufficient to vent the combusted gases to the outside. From what I have read, solid fuel heaters require a flue of at least 2 metres to enable the fire to draw properly. Could be a problem.