Depends on what kinda launches? Old ones, then there is the Classic Yacht Association, I'm sure there are some other forums but I'm not familiar with them. If you're into wooden boats then there is also the US based WoodenBoat. A lot of powerboat talk there but US centric.

We have always had a tongue in cheek view of Launches being of the lower class, here on Crew ;-)
But there are several here, or more importantly, not here on Crew now because they have gone to the Dark Side and now own a Launch. I also know of at least one lurker that is a Launch owner. So maybe IT should consider creating a Forum specifically for the Stink Potters. I grew up with Power Boats and have had a great deal of experience with Launches. I know other members here have a lot of experience with Launches also. Many of us could offer a lot of help with advice to Launch Owners. And as Engines, Drives and Hulls are common topics, it does offer a lot of cross topic discussion that could be helpful to both sides.
That's my thoughts. What do you all think? IT??

We have always had a tongue in cheek view of Launches being of the lower class, here on Crew ;-)

But there are several here, or more importantly, not here on Crew now because they have gone to the Dark Side and now own a Launch. I also know of at least one lurker that is a Launch owner. So maybe IT should consider creating a Forum specifically for the Stink Potters. I grew up with Power Boats and have had a great deal of experience with Launches. I know other members here have a lot of experience with Launches also. Many of us could offer a lot of help with advice to Launch Owners. And as Engines, Drives and Hulls are common topics, it does offer a lot of cross topic discussion that could be helpful to both sides.

That's my thoughts. What do you all think? IT??

:thumbup:

I'd be interested in a launches section, they have more interesting engines and drive lines than yachts. Would be a good reason to drop the VOR thread, that looks very defunct.

There are a lot of attributes of NZ designed and built launches that are the same as yachts, i.e. history, design, versions, technical flaws, modifications, engine upgrades etc, then the big production built imports verse proper NZ designs etc.

I would however draw the line at sea fleas... That would be the quickest way of shutting this sight down. :evil: