A suitable yacht for offshore and coastal ,,,,help !

Nice looking boat at a very good price. Shame it hasn't got walk through transom, for some reason euro boats don't seem to have the setup like the 1220 - I guess because they don't lie at anchor that often. Even when they do have walk throughs it is often high off the water a la the Hanses.

Fixed prop but that could be easily changed.

Yep, nice looking boat. I know nothing about the design, or how they sail. I don't know how a 2005 boat has B&G H 1000 instruments - they were obsolete before 2005?

Also, traveller in the cockpit is a Pita in a cruiser. Of couse you'll also have GST on the boat to pay when it gets here, roughly $50k in freight, or a great sailing opportunity :-)

Was that Waiora? If so I sailed on her in Tonga and was impressed with how well it sailed to windward on just the head sail. Tacked through 90 degrees (by compass) and kept up with a German boat motoring to windward.

No, sorry, not Waiora, and I'm also impressed by the performance under just a headsail. F4 through the night in the BOP on a beam reach with just the yankee up and we averaged 6.5 knots over 10 hours. That's better than we could have done with the motor going. Then later on in the trip off the North Otago coast in a F2 under full sail and trochling along nicely at 4 kts on a close reach.

From their appearance you'd not guess at that sort of performance, certainly look more like a Land Cruiser than a Lambourghini.