Vinyl graphics and hull strip

I'm lifting Ma'ara in a few weeks to do the antifoul and wanting to replace the stripe above the waterline, it was damaged by the anchor chain up in the Med before we bought her.

Also want to redo the name etc plus we need sail numbers on the hull.

Who can you recommend team ?

Boat will be at Pier 21.

Also thinking of putting name on both sides of the boom as its a leisure Furl boom and then only having the name on the stern, does this comply with YNZ requirements ?

image.jpeg

Nope, YNZ requires name and numbers on the Hull.

All I can find in the safety regs is must be at least 50mm in height preferably 100mm,

Thinking name on stern and sail numbers on each side of bow plus name on boom. 

Have Signcorp coming to look at boat tomorrow will try Stanley Signs if need a second option

Dan from Boat Coat is overseas at present, thanks Herdy

Auckland Council - through AT - through Harbourmasters office also have a bylaw covering this.  You would only come under YNZ if you a) race or B) go offshore.

Hopefully their consistent!

Auckland Council - through AT - through Harbourmasters office also have a bylaw covering this.  You would only come under YNZ if you a) race or B) go offshore.

Hopefully their consistent!

Doing the cruising Div in the Coastal with family and going offshore agains as soon as I sort work out

Will sus the harbourmaster etc, funny how you can sail 15000nm over halfway around the world and now you want to do something in your own country you now have to jump through hoops.

Harbour regs

Vessels to be identified

(1) A person must not use a vessel on navigable waters unless it displays a name, consisting of letters the Roman alphabet or numbers that are not the vessel’s brand, make or model, and that is distinct to that vessel.

(2) Subject to clause (3), this clause does not apply to:

(a) non-mechanically powered vessels of less than six metres in length; and (B) power driven vessels of less than four metres in length.

(3) Non-mechanically powered vessels and power driven vessels referred to in subclause (2) must be marked with the current owner’s name and contact details somewhere on the vessel.

(4) The name, identification mark or number referred to in subclauses (1) must be displayed above the waterline on each side of the vessel by the person in charge of the vessel. The minimum height of the name, identifying mark or identification number is 90 millimetres and it must be legible by day from a distance of at least 50 metres.The

Hahaha. Those boats look great. If someone wants to do budget DIY its possible to get a lot for $120. I did my own art went to North Harbour signs who took a photo, printed sets plus extra numbers and labels of different sizes which I applied myself after watching a youtube vid. If someone can explain in basic language how to put a photo on here I can show the evidence.

IMG 20131215 143131

This curly lettering was printed by one of the people on Trademe and then I applied it - pretty stressful - 3 sets of hands on the big 'S' but the end result was great.  

But if I was going for a big graphic such as on Marshall Law, I'm thinking that I'd pay someone else to do it...