Orakei Moorings

okahu bay maoris want their bay back fair enough,will the tamaki lot follow and get all the moorings removed from the river?

Last time I was up the tamaki river it looked like a hell of a lot of moorings had gone already. Certainly around where my old mooring was: not that I ever used it.

At any point in the last five years any one of you could have made a submission on the matter. Too lazy or disinterested.

And what proportion of boats are actually sea worthy on those moorings. Last month you were all wailing about derelict boats breaking free and pin balling around the mooring area. No wonder everyone else around there wants the moorings gone. It looks more like a 4KSB graveyard than a mooring area.

The recentley(past 10-20 years) manipulated ''Treaty'' sucks, thank to our consecutive gutless Governments that in their total ignorance of historical evidence

granted the Maori the title of being the Indigenous Race- Oh and how the fool ''Donkey'' smerked and laughed when questioned on the move, stated that its nothing and it won't matter or change anything. Well they took it straight to the United Nations, thrilled with their unbelievable good fortune, didn't they. 

And now we ''us Kiwi's'' are paying for the poor and weak leadership of our once close to united and fair Nation .

Well thats the way I see it and Im not too bothered if others see it in a different light,

Cheers a true Kiwi .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

afaik

ferge's kayaks 

akarana yacht club

and ngati whatua

all made submissions to 'open up' nice, sheltered okahu bay to better their use of it

they don't like the moorings there

or the people who clog up the public facilities using them

the marina also wants permission to expand

the mooring holders did not make any submissions about retaining their moorings

and are now unable to 

as the date for submissions has closed

As Erice states, it isn't just Maori (and there is no s on the end of maori - whether using plural or singular) who want it opened up - but many of you are focussing your wrath just on them. What about Fergie, the marina operator, or the Akarana yacht club?

These are (predominantly) european organisations. Going to call them out, insult them as well are you?

Suggest some of you need a cold hard look in the mirror. 

• Upvote 5

As Erice states, it isn't just Maori (and there is no s on the end of maori - whether using plural or singular) who want it opened up - but many of you are focussing your wrath just on them. What about Fergie, the marina operator, or the Akarana yacht club?

These are (predominantly) european organisations. Going to call them out, insult them as well are you?

Suggest some of you need a cold hard look in the mirror. 

Second that.

A real demonstration of ignorance and red neck attitudes here, unfortunately.

Sounds like a lot of whining after the fact, but no one could be bothered putting any effort in to manage or retain the moorings.

If you don't want to pay marina rates, then you need to get organised into a collective or club to manage and control your mooring area. There are multiple examples around Auckland of collectives or clubs working to provide, maintain and secure the future of moorings for the benefit of boat owners.

Believe it or not the seabed and our harbour fringes are public space. If you want to park your boat there to the detriment of the rest of the community (not just Iwi), then you need to get organised and spend some time and effort managing that access via the established channels (i.e. District Plan submissions and resource consents).

Before you know it, the ignorant might work out there are other water users than just shitty old unseaworthy moored boat owners that want to use the same harbour fringe space.

• Upvote 3

Slightly off topic. Im at shoal bay/northcote point. I understand this is targeted for the second harbour crossing? A tunnel? I assume its a few years off, but surely ill be screwed then?

Yep, you'll be screwed.

Happy Birthday BTW

We have until Friday to mount a High Court challenge. The Council has written to me saying, inter alia, " Appeals to the High Court on points of law, such as process and scope issues.  These also must be made by submitters."  I submitted (26Feb2011) on the Draft Plan. I submitted again on 30Jan2015 yet council tells me verbally, that's not good enough to give me standing to appeal. I'm happy to chip in for an appeal if we have a good lawyer amongst us? The basis of an appeal could be that we weren't consulted and we have a quasi-property right.

Some PC know it alls here as well as ignorant rednecks (thats me). Some people might be basing their ignorant redneck comments not on just the mooring issue at Orakei, but perhaps on the divisive nature of many other race issues in this country, and perhaps experience in other areas of their lives (professional or personal). Not the point of this thread so ill stop there.

I do hope this removes a good chunk of the rotting shitters from the harbour though.

And whilst people may say they should have done something earlier, notiifcations are often pretty poor. Who, for example, read rhe unitary plan?