Orakei Moorings

Based on past experience Kevin's definition of a racist (or misogynist, compulsory safety/PFD-denier etc)  is somebody who doesn't share his view.

Moving back to the question of consultation about this proposal (to clear Okahu Bay of moored boats by making mooring there a prohibited activity) under the PAUP. I cant find any information that this actually happened. In fact the zoning plan in the PAUP shows Okahu Bay as a mooring area.

PAUP Okahu.jpg

Move on to the UP op in part version (November 2016) and Okahu is no longer designated a mooring area. My understanding is that this is the first time anyone was made aware of this. 

Unitary Plan op in part.jpg

So it appears that this was included by the hearings panel without any consultation with public or those directly affected, the mooring owners. If anyone knows otherwise than please point me towards that information. I'm sure if this had been proposed as part of the original PAUP it would have been acted on. 

Hobson Bay would make a great mooring area to relocate boats to, but it needs some facilities provided - easy to do off the city side of the Marina. Some improvement to the breakwater wouldn't go amiss either, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Well said Dr. Let's also not forget that the moorings may be going but the public aren't being excluded in any way from using Okahu bay. I agree that it is a shitty place to put a boat anyway. We do have a growing problem with where to park boats that is affordable. I think it will get way worse before it gets better

My mooring there is far better sheltered and serviced than anything in Hobson bay, so I would like to stay.

Failing that, I would like to see a workable and affordable plan + timetable for the move.

But as of yet nothing.

What we have

Is a failure

To communicate

Which is surprising considering the many millions spent on communication experts by the council.

Hard to escape the conclusion they don't want to communicate.

Why would anyone expect us to be happy?

Auckland Transport have been in communication with me twice recently about my mooring

first about 2 months ago, telling me to pay my annual mooring fee

and about a month ago telling me to arrange another 3 year inspection

neither time did they mention they were expecting me to have it moved....

seems like it would be the perfect opportunity to move it when it's lifted for the inspection

which i tried to sort out 18? months ago with the harbormaster 

and was told "we'll look for a spot for you in hobson bay, don't call us (again) we'll call you...we don't want queue jumpers......it'll all be explained in the letter coming out very soon" 

the letter has finally arrived

the first communication many mooring owners will have had

"the moorings will need to be removed by about october 2018"

"you will need to cover the cost of moving your mooring, to another mooring zone" (hobson bay)  

"the harbour master's team consider there is sufficient space in hobson bay, if you want to move there, contact the team blah blah blah

the letter has finally arrived

the first communication many mooring owners will have had

"the moorings will need to be removed by about october 2018"

"you will need to cover the cost of moving your mooring, to another mooring zone" (hobson bay)  

"the harbour master's team consider there is sufficient space in hobson bay, if you want to move there, contact the team blah blah blah

Do it NOW be the first and you get first pick.  You don't wont everyone's leftover's.