Has Atom Ant flipped??

SloopJohnB

Cheers for that. I saw Fire n Ice on trademe and contacted with the vendor but unfortunately it had already been sold to a person down Wellington way.

Maybe I should take a look at the dragonfly as 2 person "cruising" as such is the max it would ever see. I see from the owners association website that many of them have prods and asyms so I see no reason why this couldn't. Better finish polishing my boat eh! You still overseas TM?

Managed to catch the owners just as they were leaving and they put their stuff down and opened it up for us and spent an hour with us. They clearly love it. Nice boat! I was surprised by it actually. It is very tidy - ok the repaint on the outside of the amas is roller/brush but still looks fine. It is well thought out & well finished. I'm impressed by the swingwing system - it's easy to use and when they're both swung in it's like having slightly wider than usual side decks.The very clever rudder tilt system impressed me too. They say it's good for 7 1/2 knots upwind boatspeed in flat water. They've topped it out at 17 knots apparently but say that 14 - 15 is quite common without pushing too hard. It has a very nice interior which is very usable given the lack of room tricycles tend to have. No standing headroom though. Nice big double berth for'd. Freeboard feels low-ish but don't know that it matters too much. I guess it looks a bit dated but overall it's in great nick & I think it hasn't had a hard life.

But first I have to...

Nice and sounds quite like what I imagined as I pass it, often. Yes, it isn't that far off the water. I do like the idea of lounging on those tramps though, gotta be better than having some fitting up ya bum as always seems the case on my beast.

Off you go now, get that polisher out, 1st things 1st :lol: :lol:

Yeah fair nuf. Actually one big thing in it's favour is that it gets the thumbs up from me other 'arf. Given that she is happy to go away only for 2 days whether it's 25 or 45 ft long she likes the trampolines. She was also impressed by the clever way the plexiglass washboard turned into a cockpit table. Very nifty indeed.

done alot more leaner with training wheels sailing than you have AA :thumbup:

but i must say, it is a tad boring. 20kts and you are sitting down having a beer. 20kts on a real yacht and you are holding on for bloody dear life. much more exciting

Ah Jordan Jordan Jordan, one word for you young man - Whatever :roll: I owned a cat when I was younger so I doubt you can verify your claim, but I'm not into pissing competitions.

BE, you are correct but only partially as Meltdown will kick the arse of anything I can afford too. And so will Repeat Offender. But the lead draggers will still never see which way any of the multi's went.

How the hell can going that fast be boring?

The change to a multi has alot to do with wishing to broaden the experience rather than sounding like a Canterbury Rugby fan - being one eyed. :mrgreen:

done alot more leaner with training wheels sailing than you have AA :thumbup:

but i must say, it is a tad boring. 20kts and you are sitting down having a beer. 20kts on a real yacht and you are holding on for bloody dear life. much more exciting

Can't say i've ever been bored at 20knots, on any boat.

10 knots on a multi maybe, but never 20...

sad too sea another fine young sailor turn gay :cry:

so much potentional just thrown out the window.

It's called a mid life crisis JH, some people trade in their partner for a younger model, some start dealing elicit substances and some take up politics. Those truly at the bottom of the barrel though turn to multihulls in the delusional belief that they may be able to foot it with the real sailors downtown.

It's just a phase, usually they grow out of it, their illusions shattered of course but older and wiser for the experience.

If you really want to broaden your horizons AA, why not buy a proa?

Archived