Happy Teeth the Leopard Seal

Which Seal, there are at least 2 Leopards and have been for quite a while. Plus there are lots of smaller Furs in town at the moment.

One of the leopards is big and grey, she is a teenage female and been named Onwha or whatever her name is. But there has also been a smaller more brownish coloured one lurking as well. That's a teenage bloke I'm told.

Oh lovely, so the two meet up have pups and we are going to have punctured dinghy all over the place!!!?

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish it would eat the little handbag dog of one of idiots going on about how cute she is. That might change a few minds.   I saw a comment on one of the many facebook loveins about the ‘cute’ sea

I dont understand why shooting it is not an option. I'm not stirring, I just don't understand. Its not endangered, it is causing trouble and there is a risk it may injure humans.   And I'm glad to p

Still not really the point. You pay for the marina berth and included in that is security for your vessel and fittings. If some hoon had come down to your boat and destroyed your dinghy, you would ex

Posted Images

The ladies in our office were commenting about how the fish, that live in that corner of Westhaven right under their window, were having a fun day with lots of jumping and ya hooing last evening.

This morning one of the Sailing Schools little duckys was seen deflated and sinking.

Yeap, the PCC's Sailing School is the latest victim of an overly play full Leopard seal.

.... Until mating season

Yeah you'd expect that. It must be like trying to hook a random at 3am in some nightclub :)

I've just been told the Seal has also just nailed a real flash harry 30ft RIB over by the charter piers. The owner is very very not amused.

I's think it needs to play a little careful as there are no laws prohibiting RIB owners from also owning firearms.

I've just been told the Seal has also just nailed a real flash harry 30ft RIB over by the charter piers. The owner is very very not amused.

I's think it needs to play a little careful as there are no laws prohibiting RIB owners from also owning firearms.

That's interesting. I'm just renewing the motorsailer insurance, hence reading policies.

Would a Leopard Seal be considered 'vermin'? - if so no cover,

or would the damage be considered -

'Sudden and Unforeseen accidental physical loss'? in which case the 30 ft RIB would be covered.

From the tone of this thread, a number of people here would consider Happy Teeth as vermin, and there is nothing unforeseen about it buggering dinghies and RIB's, which mean its damage wouldn't be covered.

I'm now going to follow the lovely DoC Marine bio ladies who think Happy Teeth is lovely dovely, and couldn't possibly hurt a fly, hence he isn't vermin and it would be completely unforeseen if he tries humping my dinghy and buggers it....

Wonder what the insurance companies view of this would be?

Wonder what the insurance companies view of this would be?

I'm guessing the PCC asked the same question of their insurance company today :)

the great rib massacre last year.

:) :)

The Westhaven count is now at over 20.

The odds are shortening fast that the Seal bites a RIB belonging to someone with anger issues..... who is also weaponised.