The B&G Simrad 100 Thread

Only a couple more weekends and then we can do it all over again. Surely we'll have some breeze this time eh?

It's warming up now here in Sydney, but all I'm getting is ski-weekend reports from the skipper from over there. Maybe the last race will live up to all the stories I've heard about wet, windy and cold Simrad races?

Hewy, skiiing has been awesome again this weekend with new snow falling on Fri night - so much in fact that we were in the last cars on the road from National Park to Ohakune before the road was closed. We woke up to a snow covered car and Ohakune township on Saturday morning. But as good this weekends skiing has been it is not as much fun as a SIMRAD100 race. Can't wait to get back on the water for the last race in the series, hopefully a nice 15-20 breeze to shoot us around little barrier, channel island and back. The boat is now in Cat2 trim in preperation for the longer coastal races including the RNI and I'm heading down again this morning to do a few tidy up jobs in preperation for the race. Let's go sailing :D

Sounds just like the weather we were expecting for race #2 and you know what we got then....

Yep. You just don't know eh. It looks more promising but you can't be sure.

What's the story with IRC and ORC????

Looks like there are boats listed there with no certs. Also divisions listed which contain less than 5 boats.

5.6 ORC Division. ORC Divisions may be created within either or both Longhaul or Shorthaul divisions provided 5 or more boats enter in either of each division. Entries must have current ORC handicaps.

5.7 IRC Division. IRC Divisions may be created within either or both Longhaul or Shorthaul divisions provided 5 or more boats enter in either of each division. Entries must have current IRC handicaps.

What's the story with IRC and ORC????

Looks like there are boats listed there with no certs. Also divisions listed which contain less than 5 boats.[/i]

Elly entries aren't closed yet so numbers are still possible and the no cert ones are people that ticked the box but didn't get their sh*t together and renew there cert's.

Marshy if you spot any problems in the results email Cameron with the details and he will look into it.

Means its going to be windy apparently! :D

Whatever gave you that idea?

Friday: Northwest 25 knots, rising to westerly 35 knots gusting 50 knots possibly 70 knots in squalls in the evening. Rough sea, becoming very rough in the evening. A few showers, then poor visibility in rain from late morning. Squally showers with possible thunder from evening.

Farrrrrrrrrk!!!!

Dropping back to only 40kt squalls for Saturday

Archived