What would you do?

What would you do?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• I would prefer to go racing
    • I would stay home and watch AC on the box

And I've got to say last night was a great race, we just pipped a Y88 and one of those Ross thingies. John probably made the winning call when he broke off our cover (I was trying to stay between two boats and the mark -hard) and went right where we knew there was better pressure - the Ant doesn't like light stuff. The other two kept slugging it out, I'm sure that gave us the 12s for H'cap as well as line. Brilliant sailing on a well laid olympic course.

As I am not well enough to go out on the water right now I would have watched the Am Cup last night if it wasn't for the laptop overheating and shutting down after half an hour running.

Fixed it this morning - a large amount of dust and fine hairs were trapped in the fan vent and had stopped the fan from working - all working well now.

Would still prefer to get out on the water rather than watch :)

No mater how you pretty it up, there still ain't nuthin like the real thing. :D

Yep - agree

To add to that - the most exciting bit was the startbox! Then as BMWO reeled in AL. After that, it got a bit tedious really. Must have been awful on the cat - only view being the stern of the spaceship pi$$ing all over them :P

I spent Friday racing on Ngatira( newly launched/ restored classic) in the classics regatta , came home and watched the AC. I woke up late , my eyes don't work properly and I have a headache. And I had hardly anything ( alchohol)to drink.

Great day. :D

I would have said, 'go sailing' before last night, and if I wasn't laid up, would have

BUT

I'm sooo pleased I saw that!!

I have never seen such an exciting bit of sailing before on TV, I'm glad I was backing the Tri though.

The prestart, Awesome, the way BMWO powered into the start box

The ####up, dread, of BMWO sitting in irons forever

The first 10 minutes BMWO outpointing by at least 5 degrees

Amazing

Loved the start and the 1st 1/3 of the beat especially watching the Cat get mowed down, very impressive. Interested to see what happened just after the top mark. The boats were that sexy it was ice-cold shower material.

The rest was a tad boring really. Hard pushed to call it a real race sadly due to speed differences and lack of things race like bar the start, top mark and a finishline.

Happy I watched it though and will watch the next if there is differing weather conditions, in 2 minds if the weather is the same.

So a 50/50 call from me on Squids question.

While I enjoyed watching most of it, I still think out there doing it is much more fulfilling.

You can always watch the repeat, while your sailing gear is on the line drying :thumbup:

I also assume that the two are at the same time period. So seeing as AC was in the middle of the night, I would be watching the AC. However, seeing as i don't have Sky, I can not watch the AC. Hmmm, wonder if a better Pole might be, Would you get Sky to watch AC or not. My vote is not.

http://www.americascup.com

or http://bmworacleracing.com/en/news/livestream/?track.refer=/en/index.html&track.type=home

Live feed and it doesn't stutter. Works fine and even on the full 46" flat screen via a PS3 wirelessly. Note most newish tellys can be networked to computers if you have a cable and in some cases wireless. We just have std home copper wire broadband (telstra) which has it's moments and is decidedly average after using the very high speed (hooks direct into telstra fibre at the bottom of the drive I'm told) we have at the oriface.

No way in hell was I getting sky just for 2-3hrs of the AC or much else for that matter. So I used the interweb just to suss the boats in action, shame there isn't any race though or so it appears :)

Archived