Cored yacht construction

smithy09

smithy. another thing you could look at is on youtube there are about 20 time lapsed videos of the build of 'speedboat' 100 ft maxi. search for the cookson boats chanel.

warning. may suck up a fair bit of time. it could also draw out a whole lot of questions i dont know the answer to.

Didn't Bob in Oz do a detailed photo essay in his Online Magazine of constructing his foam core Cat??? I didn't keep the article, but I am pretty sure they are all available on line as back issues.

Too early in the morning, what is his mag called again???

smithy. another thing you could look at is on youtube there are about 20 time lapsed videos of the build of 'speedboat' 100 ft maxi. search for the cookson boats chanel.

warning. may suck up a fair bit of time. it could also draw out a whole lot of questions i dont know the answer to.

Thanks col j but I can't get videos out here. Fitrewall kills them. Otherwise the ship ends up with zero band width, When I get home I'll have a look..

Guest Saturday Night Special

you could build it of a lightish material strip planked over laminated frames and Keelson leave them in permanent and glass the outside with 2 layers of 9oz Boat cloth at oposing 45 degree angles the inside betwwen the frames then only needs a orco web unidirectional across the boat this has been done befor to build strip plankredc boats that are still very light .

Archived